27.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

05-05-2018, 04:22 AM
[REQ] J.J Luna book: "SKIP COLLEGE: Go into business for yourself."
Title says it all. He apparently no longer sells it on Amazon. If anyone has the book/ebook, would be grateful for a share.

Thanks
05-05-2018, 09:40 AM
RE: [REQ] J.J Luna book: "SKIP COLLEGE: Go into business for yourself."
SKIP COLLEGE: Go Into Business for Yourself

[Image: 2018-05-04_1615.png]

Although I have a bachelor's and a master's degree, this e-book interested me so I looked high-and-low for it ... all to no avail.

Let me first apologize that my post here does NOT contain a link to access the e-book. It's from 2009, at least, and it may even be out of print because it's not currently on J.J. Luna's site.

I really made an effort to find this. I searched Google several different ways.

I went to another B-H site I belong to and read a very, very long thread where the book was mentioned in the title but, the discussion was heavy on opinion/debate and nowhere in all those many posts was there one download link.

One guy teased at having it but claimed he lost it when he reformatted his hard drive.

I found this 2010 blog post that made for very interesting reading related to the book:
Magic Button :
Code:
https://anonymiz.com/?http%3A%2F%2Fcodenameinsight.blogspot.com%2F2010%2F06%2Freview-skip-college-go-into-business.html

Here are two sites (don't know that I'd trust them) that CLAIM to offer the download ...from 2012:
Magic Button :
Code:
http://www.twistysdownload.com/search/JJ+Luna+Skip+College+Go+into+Business+for+Yourself.html
http://my.mmosite.com/5315723/blog/item/jj_luna_skip_college_go_into_business_for_yourself.html

Links from that long ago must be gone by now. That makes me suspicious.

Use at your own risk and don't blame me if you're not protected (running something like Malwarebytes in the background and your resident A-V program updated and running as you browse).

I just read on Amazon that Luna sells his books on his own site (canaryislandpress.com) but the site has been moved to jjluna dot com. I have the link below.

Here is where Luna sells his books:
Magic Button :
Code:
https://anonymiz.com/?https%3A%2F%2Fjjluna.com%2Fe-books-2%2F

And it appears he no longer sells the Skip College title. There is a contact email there if you want to ask about it.

I spent nearly 30 minutes just reading the Q&A where he briefly responds to his fans' questions.

Go here if you're interested in seeing that:
Magic Button :
Code:
https://anonymiz.com/?https%3A%2F%2Fjjluna.com%2FQuestions

If nothing else, you can catch up on all things J.J. Luna and pick up a few tips on things like ghost addresses, New Mexico LLCs and the latest news in privacy.

I hope someone with better skills than I have will come here and share this title.

Again, sorry I couldn't be more helpful ... Verysad

Layna61524
[Image: Layna-250.png]
05-05-2018, 05:32 PM
Thanks Layna for the effort. Your searches yielded pretty much the same as mine did. Great minds think alike ha.

As for those sites that claim to have the download. Those are the type of sites that just give you the run around to make you sign up for this and that (with fake comments about how awesome the "download" is) but still NOT actually give any download. Those sites are really scammy, I advise people to not visit those links.
05-07-2018, 08:49 AM
@blue moon: Thank you (Great Minds Think Alike). You're right, I started to not even share those sites because not only do they give you the run-around but they could potentially be harmful. Yet, I wanted to provide them in case you were the daring type who wild horses couldn't stop from getting what they wanted ... even at the risk of losing the use of your computer for a spell. (I'm not that type).

I do have an update, of sorts, to share with you, blue. I signed up to get one of Luna's e-books (as I write this, the title escapes me ... goes to show how important it was). Anyway, I got an instant email asking me to confirm my email address. So I did.

Then I got a download link in a separate email. It contained a password (for a FREE e-book download!). Well, the type was small and I didn't see the two little dashes behind the 4-digit code he provided. I tried several times to input the password but kept getting errors. I'd been typing in the digits by themselves.

I wrote him back to say I was having problems with the download. I explained the password I was using (the 4 digits). And while I had his attention, I also asked if there's any way I could get a copy of Skip College ... either free or at-cost.

(Now I have both a bachelor's and master's degree and don't need to read the book to decide whether to go to college; I was only interested in the advice he gives young people on the business(es) they should pursue in lieu of college). Course, I didn't tell HIM that.

I got an email from him that was quite terse ...two very short sentences.

When I think back on it, in that email, he sounded royally pissed-off.

He said "Why don't you try the password with the dashes, as instructed?"

As for Skip College, his response was: "I've taken that title off Amazon many years ago."

That was the end of that.

So, I tried again to get the FREE download but got an error message. This time, it wasn't the password that was wrong. The download page had been re-set.

So, he has permission to send me emails but his download didn't work because he was not clear that the password needed to include the two tiny dashes.

I take responsibility for not seeing it; it's not all his fault. But he could have been clearer by stating again (for anyone who may have overlooked it) to include those dashes.

What bugged me even more so is that he made no effort to provide a way for me to get the book title I requested. If it's a digital product, why couldn't he send me a download link or tell me how much I need to pay to buy it, along with the link to the sales page. If he simply retired it, he could have said so.

But he only said that he took it down from Amazon years ago. No further discussion.

Seemingly, not only does this guy password protect his FREE e-book downloads but he sets the page to stop working in short order; whether or not you get the download.

Whatever ...

I never bothered to email him again.

I'm SO THROUGH with that >>>[[[Please show some RESPECT on each other. No badwords please!]]]<<<. He's an idiot and I don't care whether he's 80 or 800, there's no need to be so suspicious of people in general that you treat everyone like they are BIG BROTHER.

All I wanted was the pissy little e-book and here I was being made to jump through hoops to get it.

I'll bet it won't be very long before I begin to get emails from him, dispensing advice I didn't ask for or trying to sell me something I probably don't need.

That's when I'll hit the re-set button on him; I will unsubscribe.

He should change his name to JJ Looney.

But long-story-short (oops! too late!) you won't find Skip College unless someone who purchased or got access to it long ago decides to share it.

Layna61524
[Image: Layna-250.png]
05-07-2018, 09:55 AM
Don't sweat it Layna, after all this is the guy that wrote the book, "How to be Invisible" (mostly how to stay off the grid and hide from the gov't's of the world...) Maybe he thought you were from the IRS? LOL!

Anyway, here's what he had to say about the topic in the Invisible book:

"ALLOW YOUR KIDS TO SKIP COLLEGE

Four of the five richest persons in America are college dropouts.
—FORBES MAGAZINE

The majority of today’s high school graduates should never go to college. Often, they have no idea what they want to do, once they graduate. If you are concerned about morals, think of the peer pressure involving drugs, binge drinking, and indiscriminate sex. If you are concerned about privacy, remember that all privacy will be lost until they graduate or drop out. If you are concerned about money, remember that you or they will end up tens of thousands of dollars in debt, with no guarantee whatsoever of a high-paying job after graduation."
46.gif
Cool
05-09-2018, 09:32 PM
10/10 effort Layna. I think once you're past 90 years old you don't really care about the little courtesies anymore! Funny story that was. Don't even sweat it.

64.gif