43.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

10-30-2015, 09:18 PM
{REQ 4 Help}Are Public Domain Videos Free Of Copyright Issue?
I need help please.
Are videos in archive.org free from copyright issues?
Including other public domain websites.

Your comments are welcome great minds and
Thanks in advance
10-30-2015, 11:45 PM
RE: {REQ 4 Help}Are Public Domain Videos Free Of Copyright Issue?
From what I see, videos on archive.org are uploaded by users of archive.org. Some videos include tv shows, movies, etc., so many are copyright protected. If you find a video on the site, you will have to research if it is under public domain or creative commons (the difference can be Googled).
10-31-2015, 12:26 AM
You are asking if you can run in a minefield.
Yes you can...
until you hit a mine. That explosion is minimally the destruction of your effort to that point or possibly a nuclear event that causes you to compensate the copyright holder.

The best answer you are going to get is ... maybe, or talk to a lawyer. Unfortunately, even if it is out of copyright, you can still be sued by someone claiming the copyright. Then you roll the dice, stack your lawyer on top of theirs, and see if you can see any profit on the other side.

While ignorance is bliss, he price of Free is many times prohibitive. Depending on your project, the time and effort required to become copyright savvy could have been used to create an original work with none of those worries.

Good Luck.
10-31-2015, 02:18 AM (This post was last modified: 10-31-2015 02:20 AM by Ican2020.)
though the last comment was hard but your frankness is greatly appreciated

Thanks to all contributors

I added rep to you all

34.gif