16.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

11-01-2013, 03:32 AM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2013 03:33 AM by FunkyDog.)
[READ THIS] We need to address this issue
Hi,

I would like talk about direct linking to files being shared here.

A few days ago i share FBDynamo with a Mediafire link. In the same thread a few people posted the direct links.
The owner of the product got a hold of me and he made a good point.

Direct Linking could cause HUGE bandwidth costs for the product owners and that's not what we want to do!

This forum has A LOT of visitors so i would say that we stop direct linking and only upload files to upload sites or Mediafire.

We share BUT we are still all humans with common sense.

I put this thread here for all to read, if possible please let it stay in this section as this is visited by everybody.

Maybe we could only allow direct linking in the VIP section, moderators of this forum need to discuss this.

Regards.
11-01-2013, 03:41 AM
RE:
Agree... Welcome
11-01-2013, 03:43 AM
RE:
I agree with this, I had a few of my WSOs shared here before. Believe me, the S3 bandwidth costs can rack up to several hundreds of dollars.

Its already enough that you're sharing the files for free but at least have the decency to spare the product owners the outrageous server fees haha.
11-01-2013, 04:02 AM
RE:
I also Agree With This
11-01-2013, 04:18 AM
RE:
Yeah, it is valid point. I too agree.
11.gif
11-01-2013, 04:33 AM
RE:
Makes sense!
11-01-2013, 04:34 AM
RE:
Should make a rule out of this!

Totally On Board!
Cool Any and ALL Reviews that i see, get an instant +5 in REP. If i missed it, PM me with review post link and i will double it.. you'll get +10 REP!
11-01-2013, 04:38 AM
RE: [READ THIS] We need to address this issue
+Rep should only be given when files are hosted thru mirror links. AGREED.
(11-01-2013 03:32 AM)FunkyDog Wrote:  Hi,

I would like talk about direct linking to files being shared here.

A few days ago i share FBDynamo with a Mediafire link. In the same thread a few people posted the direct links.
The owner of the product got a hold of me and he made a good point.

Direct Linking could cause HUGE bandwidth costs for the product owners and that's not what we want to do!

This forum has A LOT of visitors so i would say that we stop direct linking and only upload files to upload sites or Mediafire.

We share BUT we are still all humans with common sense.

I put this thread here for all to read, if possible please let it stay in this section as this is visited by everybody.

Maybe we could only allow direct linking in the VIP section, moderators of this forum need to discuss this.

Regards.
11-01-2013, 04:54 AM
RE:
I actually told johnny about this issue few days ago.

tbkupload has URL upload so if you have a direct link you can just pop it into tbkupload and it'll mirror it :)
If you like the share, give positive reputation!

Our releases should be used for learning only!!!
If you make money using our releases then you really should support the original devs and buy it!
Want to support me? Give me BitCoin:
[Image: GoldenAcceptedHereBitcoin.png]
1HQMH9W6hjLEmZL543ykYtxtmGYeGhxaEK
You can also donate me dogecoins: DE6NF3VP6SMGrPxjPRqqbirFBkyfDzh1Vk
11-01-2013, 04:57 AM
RE:
Sounds like a good alternative! Gonna start using it for large files
(11-01-2013 04:54 AM)NOP Wrote:  I actually told johnny about this issue few days ago.

tbkupload has URL upload so if you have a direct link you can just pop it into tbkupload and it'll mirror it :)
41.gif

17.gif