39.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

03-18-2017, 08:04 AM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2018 02:57 PM by Lumos.)
O.P.P. (was=>Hi old newbie here.)
Hi Folks.
I'd like to present a bit of perspective here which is where 'O.P.P.' came from=>
Older Person's Perspective.

I always see how so many things say to: start a business - take it seriously - follow one's passions - pick a niche, etc., etc., etc...

Nothing wrong with such pointers, and they may be a very good fit for someone 10 or 30 years younger than I am and who is counting on maybe another 30+ years of being around doing stuff.

I'm not counting on that much life and time to live;
I've already been brought back from death a couple of times and have been told repeatedly that I've already been living on borrowed time for around 20 years (so even staying around this long is a surprise to me !!).

Silly me spent many years building a practice that was mostly taken from me by ill health - and the applicable skill set from back then is simply no longer saleable for technical as well as personal reasons.

I'd have been smarter to start this trek that I'm on now on way back when, but it just didn't appeal to me back then and of course hindsight is always 20/20.
(A silly aside=> for more than 1/2 that time all we had was dialup internet here in the boonies - so the endless wait times also were a turn off.)

SO:
I already (still) have a business, though it has become quite tiny and doesn't make me enough to be self-supporting anymore.

Being as I do not fear work, or try to avoid it, my process is to learn until I have a clear vision of what I will do moving forward - when that comes clear to mind the active response is immediate (But that's just me).

I've gotten quite the education by being around here all this time and most of it has shown me that most things are just ways to get folks separated from their funds for useless junk - others are so twisted and complicated as to make one's head spin - and some take the equivalent of a whole 'nother college education to grasp.
I'll take a pass on all that stuff, thanks.

Being as I can live quite well on around $1200/month, that is what I'd like to achieve, and if it was somewhat more somehow, that's OK too.

Likely I could get there via Fiverr, but it would literally require hundreds of gigs per month at the base rate there to make that goal happen.

Where I'm at right now is the step of picking out some simple service that I am actually capable of before I can start to offer it someplace.

For me it is NOT a matter learning as much as it is to figure out what I am actually capable of, that others may want to pay for...

I am a VERY function centered person - totally insensitive to how things look - not the least bit artistic, which means my lack of getting what folks view as tasteful or graphically enticing keeps me away from doing that sort of work or even outsourcing to get it as I cannot tell the good from the bad.

I have been told that I write reasonably well and I also suspect that given enough time I could also learn the voodoo that is SEO pretty well.
(It has also come to my attention that getting a start via solo ads is possible with minimal expenses...)

I'm seriously delighted to have gotten VIP status here !!
The biggest benefits I see from that are the abilities to give more reps as thanks - and having the bigger PM capacity.
The goodies offered in VIP sections (IMO) are really not so different from the other stuff here, just with fancier names (and selling prices) sometimes.

I probably spend more time here than I should...
In my own defense though - this is an enjoyment for me and I seriously desire to simply enjoy whatever few years of life as I may have left to me.

If anyone has any suggestions of truly SIMPLE stuff that might work well for this old minimalist - please share such ideas or pointers; any useful direction will be very, very appreciated.

Pre-edit version:
Quote:I'm smith.
Nobody special - just an old guy, total newbie to all of this sort of stuff, kinda mostly deaf and broke.
Never even heard of this forum before a few days ago.
Very lucky to have been pointed here by a helpful member.
Grateful to be here where folks post good info.
Thanks.
I totally despise board spammers and spambots !!!
03-19-2017, 08:18 PM
RE: Hi old newbie here.
hi Smith - welcome to bbhf
03-20-2017, 02:55 AM
Thanks for the welcome One.
This is a truly amazing place and there are some very helpful folks here.
Very grateful to have been referred here !!
03-20-2017, 03:05 AM
Welcome Smith, definitely you will get great benefit from BBHF family, My advice buy a VIP membership since most the value in VIP. Also obey rules, don't spam, don't share viruses and malwares, add value by your unique shares and experience, respect other members and you'll get great value here. BBHF is one of the best IM Forums and you'll discover that by yourself.

Welcome to BBHF Family.

Best Cool
03-20-2017, 03:14 AM
Thanks for replying Firas14 !!
I would love to buy a membership - if only I wasn't dead broke right now.

My hope is to get into something small, quickly so as to start getting something flowing in to me so as to 'buy' time to learn more and do even better.
I'm already old enough that my needs are minimal in life, but even so - getting old ain't for sissies - I can testify to the truth of that !!!

As a newbie both in what I wish to accomplish and here - I am treading very lightly and carefully so as to (hopefully ?!?) get off to a good start.

Thanks, and Best Wishes.
53.gif
04-20-2017, 02:50 PM
welcome here
04-21-2017, 04:48 PM
Welcome. Take the time to learn multiple marketing tactics and get started with a business of your choice. Good luck!
04-21-2017, 05:06 PM
Welcome here!!
04-21-2017, 05:40 PM
Thanks Folks.
Still a total newbie...but I think I'm catching on OK...?!
09-22-2017, 03:09 AM
Welcome @smithnowt
6.gif

67.gif