60.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

12-09-2014, 12:01 PM
Need advice on a headline for a Udemy course
I hope this is the kind of thing that this section is for. I figured it is a good question to post since this section is called copywriting.

I have this Udemy course on starting a business, but can't get the right title for it.
https://www.udemy.com/how-to-start-a-bus...a-business

Would anyone have ideas for a catchy title? I've been struggling with it for a few weeks now :)

Thanks in advance!
12-10-2014, 08:21 AM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2014 08:24 AM by savaloi.)
RE:
Perhaps take the time to get familiar with the forum.

This isn't the right place to post this type of question.

It seems all you do here is self promote your own products instead of actively giving back to our community, and then you ask for more help by self promoting ANOTHER of your products in the guise of a question!

Very disappointing!
12-10-2014, 08:34 AM
RE:
Copywriting wise the title is hard to understand.

Do I need to have an idea? Would you explain how other people created a business from an idea? It's not crystal clear for me and that is a downturn for me.

"8 small steps to turn your Idea into a successful business." could be an option.

I say 8 because you have 8 sections.

Understand who your target market is and what they are looking at. What are they struggling about? Is it great ideas? Is in turning all the ideas they have into successful businesses? What is that trigger pain that they want to solve?

The way you have right now, you're simply saying that there are ideas that will generate business success. That means zero for me and most of your target market.

Read again: Business Ideas to Business Success.

Will you drop us ideas? What does this really mean?

Hope this helps you get things going.
12-10-2014, 08:34 AM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2014 08:35 AM by Devlin.)
RE:
Perhaps you could use some of the almost $30,000 you have made from your course to hire a professional copywriter?
12-10-2014, 03:05 PM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2014 03:24 PM by SoloPreneur.)
RE:
(12-10-2014 08:34 AM)TheNexus Wrote:  Perhaps you could use some of the almost $30,000 you have made from your course to hire a professional copywriter?
AGREED!

I'm available to change the 'headline and sub-headline' cost $997 ...if ya think that's expensive, then spend the next few years studying copy writing... Lol

EDIT: BTW, did you know that the headline IS so IMPORTANT that it is 70/90% of the sales copy, if its NOT masterfully persuasive and influencing for readers to read on and BUY, then folks will simply click away...
9.gif
''Properly Exploited...One Good Idea That Occurs To You While Walking On The Beach Is Worth More Than 10 Lifetimes Of Hard Work!''
~Gary Halbert~ R.I.P
12-10-2014, 03:18 PM
RE:
I wouldn't be so harsh on him because remember when you guys take udemy courses for free and don't leave reviews, those instructor don't throw you out so pay some respect. And for you sir i would say please do see your analytics and study your audience behavior. You will perhaps get some ideas and then we can help you on what might work and what you like as well. Happy teaching :)
[Image: yCejIZo.gif]]
12-10-2014, 05:26 PM
RE:
(12-10-2014 03:18 PM)(••÷[βĂβĹŐŐĎĂβĹŐŐ]÷••) Wrote:  I wouldn't be so harsh on him because remember when you guys take udemy courses for free and don't leave reviews, those instructor don't throw you out so pay some respect. And for you sir i would say please do see your analytics and study your audience behavior. You will perhaps get some ideas and then we can help you on what might work and what you like as well. Happy teaching :)

That's the cost of doing business mate, they're not doing it out of the goodness of their hearts to help out the lowly few, they're just marketing, simple as that. Why do we owe this guy anything, because he makes courses? The only thing he's done so far is peddle his wares, with no help or guidance offered. Classic leech if ever I saw one.

No disrespect to you pal, just saying it how I see it.
12-11-2014, 07:20 AM
RE:
Here's how you can make it better. Right now it's generic, vanilla, just like a bajillion other courses.

It's lacking uniqueness. What can you offer that's unique about starting a business? Think your audience, your mechanisms/processes, the result, your philosophy, etc.

Also think about the real reason people want to start businesses - freedom, security, personal power etc.

You can include some branding here if you want like "Dummies Guide to Creating Headlines That Sell Like Hotcakes!" - though this is a different consideration.

If you're just wanting to get people to check you out, promise an outcome they desperately want.

You need SOMETHING to make it a little different.

That was free. If you want more, my guess is you're smart enough to know the options.
12-11-2014, 02:24 PM
RE:
Here's an idea genadinik...

Why don't you offer the course for free on here - BBHF for 50 Members with a password. This is then in exchange for running a small competition on here for someone to come up with the winning headline title.

After you've had your 50 free sign-ups, then just cancel the password.

This way, you're actually giving to the community as well as getting something back from us.

67.gif