63.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

11-14-2012, 10:08 AM
Need Computer Help before I throw it out the Fn Window!!!!
Okay, I will try to explain clearly. Bought cracked software program. Need to do the following to get it to work. Install Winamp. Done. Paste a couple of words in one of the winamp folders. HOly Crap!!!
I am unable to paste anything in to any of the folders. So I kind of know about permissions so I have gone in to each folder and subfolder and changed permissions so I have the ability to "write" or alter the contents inside the folder. I even changed the permissions under my username. So if I look up permissions on any folder they all say I am good to go. But whenever I try and paste something into the folder it still won't happen. Any ideas of what I am missing? Verysad
11-15-2012, 07:36 AM
RE:
If I didn't misunderstand what you wrote, "Paste a couple of words in one of the winamp folders". You can't paste words into a folder. You must create a text document and paste the words into it and save the doc in the folder. Or you may need to edit one of the existing files in the folder, that is the case I had in the past where I needed to set up Winamp for a cracked program.
11-23-2012, 11:18 AM
RE:
not sure what you actually mean, but try this.

If it's a text file that you have add words to, as in system32/filehosts/...

Copy the text file to your desktop. Now add the words to the text there and save.

Then cut and paste text file back to original position in folder.

Dialog box will ask if you want to replace, click yes.

Restart computer and hopefully that is the problem solved.

Hope that helps. ~ am.
11-23-2012, 12:32 PM
RE:
Potentially that file is still owned by the installer. If a cold restart doesnt fix it a G search for 'file unlocker' might help.
11-23-2012, 02:57 PM
RE:
I can help you throw in out :)
72.gif
11-23-2012, 03:13 PM
RE:
Yes OP the sollution to your problem is maybe you are not logged in as ADMIN on your computer!

;-)

Otherwise its like the pot before explain!

77.gif