36.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

08-15-2020, 09:27 AM (This post was last modified: 08-15-2020 09:27 AM by longtailman.)
Making money with .EDU emails
So the first thing you want to do is give REPS hahaha

In all seriousness we need an EDU email.

So follow these steps to create one - https://techpanga.com/free-edu-email/

Once we have the email then lets get going.

Step 1 - Setup:
Get your .EDU email.
Like I said, you can find those very easily here on the marketplace and they'll probably cost you less than a dollar or even cents.

Step 2 - Offer your service:
List AutoCAD on eBay for a price that looks right (not too good to be true but cheaper than other legit looking listings, at the time of writing this post $24.99 is a pretty nice price)

Note: Make sure to clarify in your listing's description that this is the student version and that you deliver the details digitally (via email/ebay message, whatever you prefer)

Tip: When listing something for a legit looking price on eBay don't go cheap on the promotion option; your profit margin is super high here anyway and this could really speed up sales on those kind of listing.

Step 3 - Sale:
So you've made your first sale, congratulations!
Now all you need to do is create an autodesk account at: https://www.autodesk.com/education/free-...re/autocad

Click on "CREATE ACCOUNT" and fill in the details as following:
Country of educational Institution: United States
Educational role: Student
Institution Type: If you don't know, ask your .EDU email seller.
Date of Birth: Up to you, I'd suggest just picking any year in the 90s'

Click "NEXT" and fill the next form with information that goes accordingly to your .EDU email.

Note: For any information you don't have on your .EDU email, talk to your .EDU email seller, he should be able to provide you with the required details.

Next fill in the name of the educational institution fill the form as following:
Area of study:
[CHECK] Architecture, Engineering and Construction
[CHECK] Media and Entertainment
[CHECK] Product Design and Manufacturing

Enrolled from: February 2018
Graduate in: February 2022

Now that you've filled all - click on "NEXT" and "CONTINUE" and go back to: https://www.autodesk.com/education/free-...re/autocad

You should have a "DOWNLOAD NOW" button on the page now, so just click that and select the correct version of AutoCAD that you're selling.

After you've selected all, you will receive your license key and installation details in your .EDU email.

All that's left to do now is send the buyer the details via email/ebay message and mark the order as shipped.

And that's all, you're done, enjoy your profit and continue selling!
Hi there remember to leave that REP
08-15-2020, 12:53 PM (This post was last modified: 08-15-2020 12:54 PM by Lumos.)
Thumbs Up RE: Making money with .EDU emails
I always love seeing info like this thread - Thanks Longtailman !!

Of course I went to visit that AACC site linked above - and it must have gotten hit hard because its 'down for maintenance'...boohoohoo.

Adding notes here from personal experiences:
I have tried using EDU accounts from CCC sites before - and found that they very quickly get banned.

What seems to be the sad truth for EDU accounts/emails is that there must be folks tasked with watching both the sources and the sites giving discounts (like amazon) and quite often the discounts are denied just based upon the domain of the school used.

I have yet to find any method that both lasts and passes the censorship of the discount sites, and I've bought a couple as well as trying free ones.

The good:

If you get one that passes for amazon, it'll get you 6 months of free prime, then 1/2 price after that.

The bad:
If you use any of the goog stuff from such an account (email, drive, etc...) and it gets nuked by the school - all your stuff is gone in a minute with zero warning !!

Just saying...of course YMMV and if anyone has any really good news about this, please share more ??
Thanks
I totally despise board spammers and spambots !!!
08-15-2020, 06:56 PM
RE: Making money with .EDU emails
The links work for me so maybe they were just down. You have a point though. Don't use it for storing things for this very reason.
08-16-2020, 08:56 AM
RE: Making money with .EDU emails
Indeed - Thanks:
(08-15-2020 06:56 PM)longtailman Wrote:  You have a point though. Don't use it for storing things for this very reason.

The really good news is that if one's goal is to score discounts like the amazon prime deal - even having a working EDU account for a few days can be enough to score that stuff.
Happydance Happydance Happydance Happydance Happydance
I totally despise board spammers and spambots !!!

45.gif