20.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

09-04-2013, 02:35 PM
Is violate when download a youtube video and reupload it?
Dear BBHF users :)
I want to ask about Youtube marketing. I want to download a cool video from youtube. Then reupload it to Youtube. Below is include a link to mysite or aff link
+ If video not OFFICIAL VIDEO: DOes I violate or mysite can be penalty by Google?
+ If video is a OFFICIAL VIDEO: Does I violate or mysite can be penalty by Google?

Anyone can answer me? Thanks thanks thanks so much
09-04-2013, 09:01 PM
RE:
I dont think you will get a google penalty for that, a youtube penalty maybe. I´ve done that hundreads of time and never noticed any problem.
09-06-2013, 08:58 AM
RE:
YES, when you download a video, you're breaking the rules of YT, but if you want my advice, when you found a video on youtube, contact the publisher and ask him/her if his the owner of the video, if Yes, ask the for the permission to re-upload the video, without forget that you will give him/here the credit ( in general you put Source : http://link to his youtube video ) in the description . in general they will be agree as that will create many back-links to his video .....

But that's not all, when you make the deal with the owner, ask him to send you a copy of that agreement by email ( some author they act like F**** when they see that you get many views/likes than their original video, so to protect your self ask for this agreement, you will use it if they flag your video, so all what you have to do is to send this email to YT support and they will enable your video if they disable it ....

Anyway that's what I'm doing when I'm planing to use videos of others people on my channels ...
But wait that an expert gives you more info, there is many of them on here, I'm just a newbie too :)
Best of luck :)
09-06-2013, 09:00 AM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2013 02:36 PM by demomeb.)
RE:
Sorry double post !
09-09-2013, 10:29 PM
RE:
Everyone is doing this on youtube and If I remember correctly when uploading video there you need to set what type of license it will be using. Standard license allows you to use them by others.
59.gif
09-11-2013, 10:58 PM
RE:
I ask for permission ....yet, IF it is available in the CC..creative commons on the youtube editor, then you can download. even when I download, I dont use the video without editing, and I give a link back to the original at the very bottom of my description. dont really know if this answers your question or not.?
09-12-2013, 12:43 PM
RE: Is violate when download a youtube video and reupload it?
(09-04-2013 02:35 PM)phoenixjutom Wrote:  Dear BBHF users :)
I want to ask about Youtube marketing. I want to download a cool video from youtube. Then reupload it to Youtube. Below is include a link to mysite or aff link
+ If video not OFFICIAL VIDEO: DOes I violate or mysite can be penalty by Google?
+ If video is a OFFICIAL VIDEO: Does I violate or mysite can be penalty by Google?

May I ask what country you are from? Just pure curiosity :P

I wish I could answer your question, as it is a good one. I do not use YT for marketing as of yet but I inevitably will. I personally doubt that Google would penalize your website for using someone's YT video...I mean, isn't that one of the biggest draws of YT? The ability to share videos with others so that they can spread it and so on? There are a TON of first-world sites that share videos that they do not own. Like I said, I do NOT know and this is only my guess...I would definitely give credit though (Just like citing a source on a proof or essay). That said, I personally wouldn't just re-upload an exact copy of someone's video directly to YT. If you edit it pretty heavily (a la remix) then I don't see a problem with it and encourage it. Again, just give credit to the original source :)
09-12-2013, 12:45 PM
RE:
Dear BBHF users :)

May I ask what country you are from? Just pure curiosity :P

I wish I could answer your question, as it is a good one. I do not use YT for marketing as of yet but I inevitably will. I personally doubt that Google would penalize your website for using someone's YT video...I mean, isn't that one of the biggest draws of YT? The ability to share videos with others so that they can spread it and so on? There are a TON of first-world sites that share videos that they do not own. Like I said, I do NOT know and this is only my guess...I would definitely give credit though (Just like citing a source on a proof or essay). That said, I personally wouldn't just re-upload an exact copy of someone's video directly to YT. If you edit it pretty heavily (a la remix) then I don't see a problem with it and encourage it. Again, just give credit to the original source :)

7.gif