60.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

08-12-2020, 11:35 AM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2020 09:10 AM by Lumos.)
IM, MMO and The Tooth Fairy...
Do you believe in the Tooth Fairy ??

Here in the US it a rather common thing that parents get their little kids excited about - maybe it happens in other places too (I don't know this though).

And what does this Tooth Fairy do ??
She comes when little children are fast asleep, grabs their fallen out tooth, and leaves some money for them - just like magic !!

This kind of story is accepted by small children the same way that they accept Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny - and all have the same effects.

When these children eventually become adults, they do not know that their threshold of believability (also known as 'suspension of disbelief') has been affected, usually permanently, by the forgotten acceptance of fairytales in place of their own living realities.

Why am I bringing this up, here at BBHF, you may ask...

I'll tell you:
If you think about EXACTLY how the so-called 'gurus' are making their income$, it is because lots and lots of folks have no idea why it is that they get excited and accept things that say 'click this, copy/paste that and you'll make $1000/day !!'.

Now, back to the kid idea:
What really happens when that little kid has a baby tooth fall out ??

Their parent (who has worked alot for their $$) sneaks in late at night and does what the child was told that the 'Tooth Fairy' did.

In plainer terms=>
This is a lie being made as a pleasantry and accepted as true, and gives the child an impression that mythical creatures bring gifts, give money and hide eggs, etc. .
Yes - it is commonly considered to be a 'little white lie' - at the same time as such untruths have been shown in scientific ways to actually be damaging to a person's ability to cope with the real world.
(Look into it yourself if you are so motivated...)

So what does this REALLY have to do with IM and MMO ??
Everything actually.

- Folks desperately want to find things that will deliver wealth at the click of a mouse button;
- Folks want to believe in pretty much any sort of 'saviour' from the rat race;
- Seeing large numbers with $ symbols gets folks very excited;
- Most folks imagine that the ONLY way to improving their lives is similar to a windfall, as from a huge lottery win.

Sadly, there are miscomprehensions, lies and misdeeds woven throughout all of the above, and the (not so...) wonderful 'gurus' take the widest possible advantage of these facts - at the expense of others.

Many times you'll hear this called 'shiny object syndrome' - but it is much more than that, sadly.

The other stuff you'll run across here at BBHF is folks beating the word 'mindset' to death, along with being told to 'take massive action !!'.

To 'mindset' I say:
How can anyone get their head on very straight if they remain uncertain of what actually motivates them ??

To 'take massive action' I say:
Running at full speed in some direction without learning enough about it 1st is a great way to get lost - it can also be an adventure, and a diversion - but not a great way to have any sort of business plan.

Lastly I want to make clear that I am offering no specific advice - it is for you to examine your own motivations and follow up in the best way for yourself, but this much MUST be accepted as true=>

That horrible 4-letter word - WORK is involved when it comes to making an income - it may be a smaller amount than, say, digging holes with a shovel, and it may be alot of brain work rather than actual labour - but it is STILL WORK.

The smart money is aimed at working smarter rather than harder - and that is the ONLY bit of advice that I offer today.

Best Wishes to All !!
I totally despise board spammers and spambots !!!
08-13-2020, 09:10 AM
RE: IM, MMO and The Tooth Fairy...
Just edited the title slightly as I suspect the original title was scaring folks away...?
08-13-2020, 10:42 AM
Well said Smithnowt. Sometimes the 'tooth' hurts. :)
Reps for sharing your sideways glance at the IM MMO circus.
Cheers!
08-13-2020, 11:10 AM
This is really nice post Smithnowt.
I've facing this 'thing' problem over and over again.
When the next shiny thing comeout than the oldest thing will get left even its still didnt shine yet.

For those you've concern,please read the books by MJ De Marco - Unscripted.
You can find it here if i've not mistake.

One term i remember from that books is - ACTION FAKING.

We thought that we take action but its definitely only fake action and didnt give real impact to our business journey.

Agreed with you Smithnowt,1 important thing is - WORK...HARD WORK.
08-13-2020, 01:41 PM
Nice of you to share Smith. Agreed on all accounts. Would a book about the legend of the "Furu" do well? Probably not because not many people would like the reminder of paying someone to bend them over. On the other hand it might just be sensational enough to snap people out of their slumber for a minute.
39.gif
08-13-2020, 02:25 PM
Thanks for your thanks and your great replies here Folks !!

One of the few benefits of getting old can sometimes be how things will force a man to take a really hard look at himself in the most brutally honest way.

That good, hard look can also force one to face up to how he's been plain old stupid in ways that he didn't even know he'd done it.
(Aside of all that - don't get old if you can help it !!)

In this 'toothful' learning process here are a couple of related sites which may be useful:

Code:
https://www.thoughtsonlifeandlove.com/how-faulty-assumptions-impact-your-life-negatively/
https://www.cullinm.com/writing/on-finding-your-passion

Enjoy and Prosper !!
10-04-2020, 06:52 AM
Well said smithnowt!

As is supposed to, with old age comes wisdom.

Without wisdom, knowledge is just another piece of baggage to lug around.

I've been around the block doing marketing longer than most of these kids have been alive.

Remember the good ole days of placing an actually ad into the back of Mechanix Illustrated? And then waiting for someone to mail you a letter with a check or money order?

Mail order is still very much alive, it's just done electronically now.

Yep, the good ole days were back in the sixties.

12days
10-04-2020, 09:06 AM
Greetings and Thanks 12days !!

Sadly, some folks get older and just calcify and become embittered - and silliest of all (IMO) :
Those who merely collect the 'baggage' you've so wisely mentioned above while sort of ignoring that it IS possible to actually improve one's own life should one be willing in doing so.

Yes - I was an avid subscriber for decades to the likes of PopSci, PopMech, etc. and a user of those classifieds which were always a treat to read in the days when paper reading materials were ALL there was !!
(I even had a full collection of TMEN magazines from #1 all the way to when it became filled with obnoxious ads and no longer worth paying for...)

Nowadays it can be easier to find desired info as long as one doesn't become sidetracked too easily...and:
I am glad to no longer have those heavy crates of old printed matter anymore;
I even have the same collection of TMEN in digital form - zero pounds vs. maybe 100 pounds - Happydance
61heart 61heart 61heart 61heart 61heart 61heart 61heart

Here...if needed...:

¡¡ sʍǝN ɥʇɹɐƎ ɹǝɥʇoW ǝɥ┴ = NƎW┴
˙˙˙ʍouʞ ʇ,usǝop oɥʍ ǝuoʎuɐ ɹoℲ
02-07-2021, 02:28 PM
This thread was made a while back - but it is EVEN MORE pertinent now after 2020 kicked most of our a$$e$ upside-down and sideways.

The very REAL needs for functional ways to put food on the table and pay the rent are now more urgent than ever in most of our lives.

61heart 61heart 61heart 61heart 61heart 61heart 61heart
02-07-2021, 02:57 PM
Experienced legend will voice out honest experiences so that the young people will not follow the wrong path or wasted the time. Thank you, legend. Happydance
66.gif

20.gif