65.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

12-22-2014, 11:25 AM (This post was last modified: 12-23-2014 04:46 PM by We Go.)
I was 'hacked' ... suggestions what to do please
I will replace 'hacked' if I can get a better naming suggestion.

preamble: I have NEVER opened an account at Apple, never joined iTunes, have no Apple hardware, never emailed them or (until now) visited the website. Also, there are very few emails received in the specific account (not generally used except few respect newsletters and family) I will be referring to.

Two days ago I had notices (to MyName@*mail.com) from Apple.com that (2) AppleID had been been opened with my email address. 'please verify' got nothing from me except that immediately sent a direct email to Apple support. Second response from support I am told that after the 2 accounts were opened, a MyName@*.*.com was also opened.

Any suggestions to any steps I should be taking at this moment? I dont use a credit card of any kind online (cause dont have one) and have used PayPal for last 12 years or so ... starting to wonder if I will receive a Mac on my front porch soon:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/articl...sters.html

Input is appreciated,
We Go
12-22-2014, 10:10 PM
RE:
I have seen this, they go create an account using your email then they change the email accoutn a few hours later, I am not sure what the scam is, perhaps some longwinded way of verifying and email.
12-23-2014, 04:45 PM
RE:
(12-22-2014 10:10 PM)BHeisenberg Wrote:  I have seen this, they go create an account using your email then they change the email accoutn a few hours later, I am not sure what the scam is, perhaps some longwinded way of verifying and email.
Thanks for the input ... I dont see this as a way to verify an account very easily ... send an email and see if it bounces back seems more productive.

NEW .... today I get an email from the website that has the account (that was used to open the Apple.com accounts) at my 'alternate contact address' asking if I needed to reset my password because it appears I had forgotten it. So, looks like someone is trying to get into the account itself ....

BTW, Apple.com will assist me if I can verify the details on the account(s) opened via my email address ... aaawwwww .. huh? I didnt open it so how can I verify the details used to open an account??? Angry Undecided Sad Huh Huh Huh

Anyone want to bet what happens next?
01-27-2015, 05:06 AM
RE:
What are you trying to accomplish with Apple?
Sorry I'm a bit tired, thereafter not sure if I got what you want.

As for your personal account, change ALL your passwords so as your security questions and answers.
Up to few months ago it was easy to break into Microsoft accounts, however I'd be better not sharing it; but change folder names for example.
Breaking into Google accounts was not that hard as well due to a flaw in verification process: BTW Google sucks and screw your privacy; don't use it!
Have a look at your PC for Trojans and other stuff. I'd format it if I was unsure how to proceed in a deeply manner!
If you can have a look at the logs as well anything else should reveal some info between a time frame of interest.
Did you use your passwords elsewhere? Did you do it by typing? Maybe it has something to do with it...
Try using Keepass ** http://keepass.info/ ** as it is outside of the crappy US government.
Void writing your passwords, use a tool to manage them instead.
Lock your computer access with a pasword, and create other accounts for people if you need to share it.
Change the permission access to your files so other people can't get access to them.
Install some antimalwares on your computer and keep them active and current.
There are tons of thing I could list, but it is a good start.

Regards,

11.gif