8.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

Closed

10-20-2012, 09:00 PM
I am Thinking Of Removing the THANKS (Hide) System Button :(
Guys, I need your feedback. I am thinking of removing the thanks hide button as it makes our forum server loads so slow.
Especially when there is too much traffic/visitors coming.
I notice our server cannot hold on the sql queries.
It's quite sad for me to remove this but i guess i have no choice guys.
I think its better to remove it to keep our server fast and stable
but i got something i am worrying about that if i remove the thanks hide system.
There will be again too many leechers who are just here who do not appreciate the effort of every members here.
People who does not say thanks at all.
Reason I implement the hide system was to force people and to protect the download links.
And for the effort of some members to be acknowledge but by removing now the thanks hide system i got a worst feeling that our forum will be filled up with too many leechers or members who doesnt contribute or does not value the essense of sharing or members that are sharing Sad
I need your feedback guys. Thanks.
10-20-2012, 09:36 PM
RE:
HERE HERE go for it.I also hate abuse when people are fishing for "thanks" and do not even have a download link as promised
Jo
10-20-2012, 10:06 PM
RE:
Well, i would invest some of that donation money into a new better server, or pay someone to improve the current one.
10-20-2012, 10:18 PM
RE:
But if it for our forum to load fast it's ok for me but leecher is 1 problem here...is that the only option ?
10-20-2012, 10:19 PM
RE:
i think this was unique feature here on BBHF which made it different from other forums, that's why i will usually share something handy here because i know there are many people to appreciate me even if forcefully..
It satisfies me to see all those thanks..
it makes me happy :) lol
7.gif
10-20-2012, 10:22 PM
RE:
@qed2u , Yes, the most common downside or disadvantage of this.
Direct Download is in charge of banning those members that are spamming or doing that.
@kry , In my opinion i'm already on the best server compared to the other server i've been before.
The problem here is too much traffic and sql queries at the same time that overload the server.

I did some optimizations already and support team is also working on this issues.

I need more feedback guys, if do we really need to remove the thanks hide system now???
Anyone having some thoughts regarding this matter. or idea please let me know.
Thanks.
10-20-2012, 10:25 PM
RE:
Better to Think on some other protection method, which will not be a resource hog. like keep a track log of people visiting the thread, clicking any link and time, simple log may help..
Still Thanks button is the best system if it was not taking much resources.
10-20-2012, 10:25 PM
RE:
@freelander, yes speaking about leechers and owners who just visit the site link or thread link just to remove or move the download links. This is quite bad for us.

@xpesos, yes this was the main reason why i love how we force even the owner to use the thanks button, cause we can also determine who is the owner or the one reporting the link to be dead.
10-20-2012, 10:29 PM
RE:
@meltdown, yes i already implemented this before but the main problem i get on that was the log in just an hour reach more than 100 GB. The log is being increased very fast due to traffic hits and visitors. And at the same time, it is so hard to keep track of logs. Imagine in one day a log of 5,000 Unique IP's on a single link. Thats why i gave up on this. Anyway thanks for the suggestions. Much appreciated.
10-20-2012, 10:39 PM
RE:
I suggest Thanks only for Super VIP section, since best of the shares done there and leeching of those will be disaster. Freebies even if got leeched will not be that impact. Since super vip members are limited and u can control the scene compared to whole flood of freebee/guest traffic.
53.gif
Closed

77.gif