49.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

05-28-2015, 10:49 PM
I Know this is Antithetical...
...but, hypocrisy is part of the human condition.

I wonder how many of you feel like I do about the never ending trickery, deception, advertising and similar bullshit we are bombarded with on the net, everywhere?

I've been surfing the net since the early 90's, before browsers, and in the past few months I've contemplated simply disconnecting.

I saw this kickstarter about this really small, very cool looking phone only. It piqued my interest. It didn't however have SMS, which I find useful. But it did get me thinking.

You thoughts...
05-30-2015, 02:12 AM
RE: I Know this is Antithetical...
I am seriously confused as to what it is you are actually asking... So I will just respond to sentences.

1: Yes it is.
2 and 3: I have been surfing for roughly the same amount of time, and I just can't help but thank the ever living hell out of AdBlock. Seriously, if it weren't for that, I really would disconnect.
4. Sounds interesting, is it something you were looking into assisting with in some way? Is it revolutionary in your opinion?
02-02-2016, 10:52 PM
RE: I Know this is Antithetical...
I have no problems with ads at all. I guess I don't download infected software with adware or visit stupid sites. There are some sites that are full of ads and are impossible to navigate, but I rarely visit them again after the first time. Download sites are the exception, but if I choose to download something for free, I should expect that there is going to be some hurdles.

By the way, who the hell talk like that - disconnect from the web. Like you would be online 24/7. When you need something done - turn on the computer, when you don't - turn it off. It's that simple!

44.gif