14.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

06-11-2014, 08:31 PM
How to speed up wordpress?
How to speed up WordPress?

I am sure this is a question and a topic many of us are hurting about.....
If you have a REAL WORKING idea, method, tool.....
Please post share with us as i believe we can all use it.....

thanks in advance
06-15-2014, 03:44 PM
RE:
Hi,
I would get setup with reliable fast hosting. I would get rid of ALL unnecessary plugins and themes. I would use a caching plugin. I would clean and optimize the database periodically. Might look into using cloud based solution like CloudFlare.
Just a few thoughts off the top of my head. Hope they help out. :)
06-17-2014, 02:16 AM
RE:
use the cloudflare you can watch the video on youtube how to connect both of them
06-17-2014, 06:48 PM
RE:
Hi Aaroni. The speed of wordpress websites can be imroved by a bunch of things. Most important one in my eyes is to pick a good and fast theme to begin with. On one of my sites, i use the Steam Review Theme because it looks fantastic. But hell, it´s slow. These days, i really love the U-Design Theme because it is incredibly fast. And there are many other themes that look great but don´t require a magnitude of Plugins to function.

So second Way to increase speed is to delete all plugins that are not important. Besides, you can isntall yourself the super cache plugin and work around in the expert Options. It helps to increase speed but if you have a slow hosting, it doesnt really help.

Third and probably most important One: Choose a fast hosting. I´ve experienced this myself when i moved some of my wp websites from namecheap to another hoster in my homecountry. And compared to the Hosting i am on now, namecheap was very slow. But nothing against the terrible speed I´ve experienced with an old hosting at Godaddy. When I recently built a website for someone on godaddy, i was shocked how slow it was. I thought there must be something wrong with the theme. But no matter what theme i used, godaddy was slow.
06-22-2014, 04:52 PM
RE:
good advice. i also researched some of your past posts and you've been helpful in other posts as well so let me give you your first reps well deserved.....
23.gif
You can't live a perfect day without doing something for someone that can never repay you
06-22-2014, 10:34 PM
RE:
Sorry to take the thread slightly off topic. I just moved my adult site to new hosting. The sites quick enough etc. Its just the videos take forever to load. You think this could be a hosting issue?. Loaded quickly on my previous host
06-23-2014, 12:15 PM
RE:
stop hijacking someone elses thread. start your own
You can't live a perfect day without doing something for someone that can never repay you
06-23-2014, 11:18 PM
RE:
California kid chill out dude. Not even your thread
06-28-2014, 07:33 PM
RE:
Thanks a lot for the Rep Points, California Kid. I really appreciate it and will make it´s not the last Ones.

Not sure about the Video Issue though, Rainbow. Maybe this is cache Related and could be solved by choosing another Method of Caching. Another Option would be to switch themes.

Btw, another great theme for viral marketing is the truepixxel theme. I think of buying it because it loads very fast, is absolutely minimal and has it´s main focus on the sharing functions for websites like facebook, twitter and so on. There recently was a German speaking website called heftig/Co which got in the news because they were able to produce insane amounts of traffic (even more than major newspapers like the bild) just because they used a fast theme in combination with sensational titles and a whole lot of Traffic Juice coming from Social Sharing. And again, the fast theme played an important part in this because most people leave a site that takes longer than 5-8 seconds to wait. I am sure the guys who made that site became millionaires pretty fast. And that with very cheesy content.
06-29-2014, 01:02 AM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2014 05:12 PM by bambito.)
RE:
Want a fast WP website? Fix the front-end first, so your back-end has to do less strenuous work.

First things first.

- Follow the recommendations from gtmetrix.com and webpagetest.org.
- Combine multiple CSS/JavaScript files if necessary. (Test to make sure nothing breaks).
- Minify by hand CSS/JavaScript (Don't be lazy and use a plugin or Google's Pagespeed module)
- Inline CSS/JavaScript in your template.
- Optimize your images. Use exact image dimensions (cropping) instead of modifying with CSS. Use CSS Image Sprites, when necessary, if your site is image heavy.

One you've optimized everything you can think of on the front end,

CACHE EVERYTHING!

For WP, Hypercache/Hypercache Extended. There is no WP caching plugin that's faster. I've tried them all.

VPS/Dedicated Hosting?

Turn on mod_cache_disk and you won't need a caching plugin.

However, there's no one size fits all. You have to log and test everything. Make one change at a time and compare/contrast against the prior benchmark. You need to know how to tweak/tune your OS (version), web server (version), PHP version, SQL version, or any other services running in the background.
32.gif

16.gif