5.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

02-12-2017, 10:52 PM
How To Protect WordPress Website From Hackers
Hi Friends,

My Amazon Affiliate website Hacked some one added some file on wp-content folder,
i have some more wordpress website how can i protect from hackers, any help from wordpress experts.
02-14-2017, 04:25 PM
RE: How To Protect WordPress Website From Hackers
There's quite a lot of things you can do to stop being hacked:

1. The obvious ones:
  • Have a complicated and long password;
  • Remove the user named Admin - use a differnet name and make sure that name doesn't appear in any of your posts;
  • Rename your wp-admin to something else so it's more difficult to find it; Ensure your WP and plugins are upto date in order to avoid vulnerabilities.

2. Install a Security Plugin - I like All in One WP Security but there are others around - google and see which one you like best; Some security plugins really slow your site down - so be careful.
Make sure you set your directory permissions properly - this plugin tells you what to do.

3. Put your site behind Cloudflare - it's free and easy to use;

4. If you've been hacked, chances are they've left backdoor access to your site - check in Cpanel for ftp accounts and ensure there aren't any with remote access. If there are -DELETE them asap.

That should be enough to protect you from hackers. Hope that helps and good luck.
02-14-2017, 04:26 PM
There's quite a lot of things you can do to stop being hacked:

1. The obvious ones:
  • Remove the user named Admin - use a differnet name and make sure that name doesn't appear in any of your posts;
  • Rename your wp-admin to something else so it's more difficult to find it; Ensure your WP and plugins are upto date in order to avoid vulnerabilities.

2. Install a Security Plugin - I like All in One WP Security but there are others around - google and see which one you like best; Some security plugins really slow your site down - so be careful.
Make sure you set your directory permissions properly - this plugin tells you what to do.

4. If you've been hacked, chances are they've left backdoor access to your site - check in Cpanel for ftp accounts and ensure there aren't any with remote access. If there are -DELETE them asap.

That should be enough to protect you from hackers. Hope that helps and good luck.
02-15-2017, 11:32 PM
Thanks Mate For your Advice

(02-14-2017 04:26 PM)maniboy Wrote:  There's quite a lot of things you can do to stop being hacked:

1. The obvious ones:

02-26-2017, 12:14 PM
Dude, seriously... Install WordFence and configure it tightly... :) This is the best free plugin protection for WordPress!
15.gif
02-26-2017, 02:51 PM
I used wordfence also after that also someone hacked and made changes in website and uploaded some files
02-27-2017, 01:36 AM
(02-14-2017 04:26 PM)maniboy Wrote:  There's quite a lot of things you can do to stop being hacked:

1. The obvious ones:

good read....may i ask what does Cloudflare do to your website?
8k People waited over 2 Years
SEMANTIC SEO COURSE FOR TOPICAL AUTHORITY
02-27-2017, 01:49 AM

1. The obvious ones:

02-27-2017, 02:02 AM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2017 09:33 AM by Jim Moriarty.)
sorry for the repeat post...i got problems with the connections
02-28-2017, 09:17 AM

1. The obvious ones:

10.gif

50.gif