68.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

02-13-2016, 11:35 PM
Homepage and blog
Hi Guys and gals,

If I currently just have a blog (just showing posts) on my domain and I then add a homepage, will this effect my urls I already have?

I don't think it would, but I'm not really wordpress savvy.
02-14-2016, 02:28 AM
RE: Homepage and blog
No it won't what you need to do is this. But depending on your wordpress theme you may not see your post on the front page when you type in http.notarealdomain.com. Some themes are designed to dictate the layout of your site.

The way you set this up would be in the admin panel under settings then reading. You have two option.

Set your site up to show latest post then the theme will control the layout. Then you need to go create homepage you want in pages and link that page to a menu item in menus under appearance.

The next solution for you is to pick static page - frontpage in the drop down and a post page. These are usually home or homepage and blog. If you go this route you need a hompage and blog page and select the correct page template under page attributes if your theme allows such customizing.

But your post urls will still remain the same url as long as you don't do anything that changes them.

There are more edits that can me added here but I'm just giving you the short simple version.
02-25-2016, 09:09 AM
RE: Homepage and blog
Thanks very much chikfilet.

Very comprehensive information, and you explained it very well! Was exactly what I was after .

17.gif