33.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

06-30-2011, 03:14 AM
Help: spammers flooding my autoresponder.
Hello There,

I've come here looking for a bit of help or advice regarding a dilemma that I am currently having for my website.

I host an auto-responder that doesn't require a double opt-in. Anybody can come and create an account and they will start receiving our series of emails.

The problem is that I am being attacked by a persistent group of hackers/spammers that are installing bogus accounts and using proxies to do their work.

Although I've filtered all their IP addresses and eliminated the bogus email accounts, they still come at me every day! I've thought about using a CAPTCHA, but that will only slow them down, it won't stop them, so my question is;

Is there some way that I can stop this attack, other than using a double opt-in???

Any help would be much appreaciated, I thank you for your help and look forward to your input.
06-30-2011, 04:11 AM
RE: Help: spammers flooding my autoresponder.
one thing you could do is create a hidden field that bots will fill out but humans cant see (hide it with css). So if the field is filled out, the form seems to submit but is discarded.
07-01-2011, 07:11 AM
That is a very clever idea freereport, Ill be sure to pass this up to management. Thank You for all your help.
07-06-2011, 11:35 AM
yes, would work just fine..

18.gif