25.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

10-12-2015, 05:39 PM
HELP with spam emails
dose anyone no of any software or program that will help stop spam email from hitting my inbox as i am using SpamAssassin at the moment and it is not that good...
10-20-2015, 02:59 AM
RE: HELP with spam emails
RTFM.

You have to train it.
10-20-2015, 11:42 AM
Select/check all spam emails and hit the SPAM button.
10-21-2015, 08:38 PM
@bambito Tried That to no avail but the training was great should off been there
10-25-2015, 11:06 PM
(10-21-2015 08:38 PM)lifebeinit Wrote:  @bambito Tried That to no avail but the training was great should off been there

So, you were using sa-learn -ham for the good emails and sa-learn -spam for the spam?
9.gif
11-05-2015, 08:52 PM
(10-25-2015 11:06 PM)bambito Wrote:  
(10-21-2015 08:38 PM)lifebeinit Wrote:  @bambito Tried That to no avail but the training was great should off been there

So, you were using sa-learn -ham for the good emails and sa-learn -spam for the spam?

are you for real dude
11-06-2015, 02:01 AM
(11-05-2015 08:52 PM)lifebeinit Wrote:  

are you for real dude

Yes, I'm for real. Based on the response you gave, let's me know that you didn't. It takes about equal amounts of ham and spam emails to make an effectively trained filter. You have to input around 3000+ emails to eliminate the false positives and keep the spam rate down in the very low digits (sub 2%).

You're the one asking for help, gets it, but for some reason doesn't like the answer. If you would know what you were doing, you'd use something like postscreen in Postfix to eliminated the overwhelming majority of spam to where you wouldn't even really need SpamAssassin. Well, since you want to get snarky, go suffer in silence.
11-07-2015, 10:15 AM
(10-12-2015 05:39 PM)lifebeinit Wrote:  dose anyone no of any software or program that will help stop spam email from hitting my inbox as i am using SpamAssassin at the moment and it is not that good...
May I suggest another solution?
1. I had my VA clean my inbox
2. I unsubscribed from tons of newsletters I was following.
3. Then I moved every new spam email to the junk folder for a couple of weeks
4. The result is I receive much much fewer spams.
Another solution, if it is more convenient, is to just drop this, and use another email address.
Also, after you choose your solution, I suggest you create an alias, an every time you want to publicly expose your email or you want to subscribe to a newsletter, use the alias. Set a rule, so that all messaged addressed to the alias land in a separate folder.
So, that's it. I hope it helps :)
Eleni
► Get Your Website Up and Running in 48 Hours! http://bestblackhatforum.com/Thread-Get-...hours-only
11-07-2015, 04:38 PM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2015 06:35 PM by lifebeinit.)
@bambito not Being Narky bro, go and google RTFM and see what it says then you will understand why i said what i said as this is an abbreviation of something else I googled it for you http://lmgtfy.com/?q=rtfm

(11-06-2015 02:01 AM)bambito Wrote:  
(11-05-2015 08:52 PM)lifebeinit Wrote:  

are you for real dude

Yes, I'm for real. Based on the response you gave, let's me know that you didn't. It takes about equal amounts of ham and spam emails to make an effectively trained filter. You have to input around 3000+ emails to eliminate the false positives and keep the spam rate down in the very low digits (sub 2%).

You're the one asking for help, gets it, but for some reason doesn't like the answer. If you would know what you were doing, you'd use something like postscreen in Postfix to eliminated the overwhelming majority of spam to where you wouldn't even really need SpamAssassin. Well, since you want to get snarky, go suffer in silence.
11-07-2015, 06:37 PM
Thanks

(11-07-2015 10:15 AM)elenisofikiti Wrote:  
(10-12-2015 05:39 PM)lifebeinit Wrote:  dose anyone no of any software or program that will help stop spam email from hitting my inbox as i am using SpamAssassin at the moment and it is not that good...
May I suggest another solution?
1. I had my VA clean my inbox
2. I unsubscribed from tons of newsletters I was following.
3. Then I moved every new spam email to the junk folder for a couple of weeks
4. The result is I receive much much fewer spams.
Another solution, if it is more convenient, is to just drop this, and use another email address.
Also, after you choose your solution, I suggest you create an alias, an every time you want to publicly expose your email or you want to subscribe to a newsletter, use the alias. Set a rule, so that all messaged addressed to the alias land in a separate folder.
So, that's it. I hope it helps :)
Eleni
41.gif

18.gif