11.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

04-16-2015, 07:01 AM
[HELP] Youtube video ranking
Hi guys,

I've been ranking affiliate videos for some time now and this never happened before.

I'm doing a Reputation Management project for a client and I created a video for him to rank. Didn't have problems ranking his website (ranking 6th after a week). But I'm having problems with this video.

When I first uploaded it, it came up 1st on the second page of Google and then started falling. Yesterday I couldn't find it at all on Google and today it's on the 4th page.

The video has an optimized Title (contains keyword and is eye catching) + Description (repeated keyword a few times + have relevant authority links).

Only thing I did differently with this video (from my other high ranking affiliate videos) is that I linked it to the website via the description and didn't write 400-500 words of content (only 200 words).

Should I try to get the link to the website out of the description as they are both competing for the same keyword to rank, so maybe Google decided to drop they Youtube video in favour for the website. Also, I was thinking of adding more text in the description, up to 400-500 words as with my high ranking affiliate videos.

Additionally, I will add backlinks and social signals, but I want to be sure that the rest is in place first.

Looking forward to some suggestions/ ideas.

Thank you!
Veni. Vidi. Vici.

04-16-2015, 01:36 PM
RE: [HELP] Youtube video ranking
Hey mate,

I don't think the link will be causing any trouble - it's nofollow after all! I'd say it's your content length being on the light side, but without knowing the competition it's impossible to say with any certainty..
04-16-2015, 01:46 PM (This post was last modified: 04-16-2015 01:49 PM by lother.)
i have read about it, they prefer you to add your website though "card" and link your site in your "advanced" function your account which definately won't hurt your ranking. Hope it help !
Lets Hustle and Make this 2017 a successful Year.
04-16-2015, 03:07 PM (This post was last modified: 04-16-2015 04:04 PM by ☆Silent WarrioR☆.)
(04-16-2015 07:01 AM)gGoLiAtH Wrote:  Hi guys,

I've been ranking affiliate videos for some time now and this never happened before.

I'm doing a Reputation Management project for a client and I created a video for him to rank. Didn't have problems ranking his website (ranking 6th after a week). But I'm having problems with this video.

When I first uploaded it, it came up 1st on the second page of Google and then started falling. Yesterday I couldn't find it at all on Google and today it's on the 4th page.

The video has an optimized Title (contains keyword and is eye catching) + Description (repeated keyword a few times + have relevant authority links).

Only thing I did differently with this video (from my other high ranking affiliate videos) is that I linked it to the website via the description and didn't write 400-500 words of content (only 200 words).

Should I try to get the link to the website out of the description as they are both competing for the same keyword to rank, so maybe Google decided to drop they Youtube video in favour for the website. Also, I was thinking of adding more text in the description, up to 400-500 words as with my high ranking affiliate videos.

Additionally, I will add backlinks and social signals, but I want to be sure that the rest is in place first.

Looking forward to some suggestions/ ideas.

Thank you!

Hey! That's not the problem... Depends what's your niche and competition type...
Since YouTube have changes some protocols for ranking...it may be you are doing something wrong in this prospect...
Also if you are ranking your clients video, sure you will be using/working with his channel? then it also depends on the standing of your clients channel.

Doesn't matter how much content in your description, it must be ideal kinda 150-200 words havin 2-3% KWs density, this is ideal for anything...

If you need any help, PM! Thanks Smile
04-16-2015, 09:56 PM (This post was last modified: 04-16-2015 09:58 PM by gGoLiAtH.)
Hello guys,

Thanks for your input!

There's virtually no competition, as the keyword I'm going for is the clients name (which is an unusual one). The bad sites I'm trying to outrank are BBC and 2 other bad articles on news websites (These websites have no backlinks and the only reasons they are ranking are their high domain authority - PA is 0 for all - and accumulated CTR along time). The rest of pages 1-3 are filled with the clients Social Profiles that I created for him.

@VideoMeniaKing
I created a new channel for the client and about content, I must say that from my tests it really does matter.

Do my answers give you new perspective on the whole thing?

Thanks guy!
57.gif
Veni. Vidi. Vici.

04-16-2015, 10:08 PM (This post was last modified: 04-16-2015 10:09 PM by gGoLiAtH.)
As for backlinking, what type of backlinking strategy do you guys use for your Youtube video ranking?

I mainly use GSA backlinks and social signals.

For this client I was thinking of using the following:

Tier 1
- 20 Forum profiles (PR to 5)
- 25 Social Bookmarks (PR to 5)
- 30 WEB 2.0 Properties(PR to 9)
- 35 EDU and GOV MediaWiki (PR to 7)
- 40 Web 2.0 Profile (PR to 9)

+

Tier 2
2000 WikiLinks in LinkWheel.

And depending on the results, I might also do a Tier 3 and/ or strenghten the Tier 2.

Looking forward to your thoughts on this.
Veni. Vidi. Vici.

04-16-2015, 10:18 PM (This post was last modified: 04-16-2015 10:19 PM by ☆Silent WarrioR☆.)
(04-16-2015 09:56 PM)gGoLiAtH Wrote:  Hello guys,

Thanks for your input!

There's virtually no competition, as the keyword I'm going for is the clients name (which is an unusual one). The bad sites I'm trying to outrank are BBC and 2 other bad articles on news websites (These websites have no backlinks and the only reasons they are ranking are their high domain authority - PA is 0 for all - and accumulated CTR along time). The rest of pages 1-3 are filled with the clients Social Profiles that I created for him.

@VideoMeniaKing
I created a new channel for the client and about content, I must say that from my tests it really does matter.

Do my answers give you new perspective on the whole thing?

Thanks guy!

May be! You are right on the content thing...i have ranked more than 1K videos and doesn't seem any problem so far...!
Since you created new channel for client and if there is no any competition...It must come in front of Google eyes. Check you PM...may be that work for you.
Thanks
04-17-2015, 12:08 AM
I'd suggest that you try ranking another video for the same keyword. One thing that I've learned from ranking videos or any web property, is that you could take two videos (or properties) which are exactly the same, optimize them identically, and do your offsite SEO exactly the same as well, and get completely different results. If there is no competition there, you should be able to rank a YouTube video without any offsite SEO. While you're at it, upload the video to DailyMotion and Vimeo as well. They have the power to hit the first page without backlinking too.
04-17-2015, 07:45 PM
You want incress your Youtube video ranking, than social media is best tools. share your video all your social media profile as a like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram ...etc.

49.gif