57.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

11-13-2012, 05:57 PM
HELP!!!!!!!! >>> WINRAR ERROR MESSAGE
I downloaded some .rar files today from this section.

When I try to open them using WINRAR or 7-Zip, I get the following error message:

"The archive is either in unknown format or damaged."

I have tried opening them using Chrome and FireFox with no luck ... getting the same message. Is there any other way to work around this? I downloaded about 19 files and can't open any of them -- real disappointed. Angry

Here is one of the files I downloaded:

http://blankrefer.com/?http://extabit.co....part1.rar

This download link is taken from this thread:

http://bestblackhatforum.com/Thread-GET-...chefren%22

If possible, please see if you can download one or two and open them using WinRAR or 7-Zip. Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
11-13-2012, 08:29 PM
RE:
Few sites you listed about are too good to be true in terms of BIG capacity.
I have gone the painful experienced with those sites same like you.

I prefer Torrents at my end.
▶️FREE EBOOKS HERE!- Instagram Riches - Effective Facebook/Twitter Marketing - TikTok Ad Training Kit And More!
11-13-2012, 09:49 PM
RE:
Have you updated to the latest winrar?
Did these files have passwords?

If in any case the archive actually is destroyed, which seems very unlikely (19/19), try to tick "keep broken files"!
[Image: Keep%20broken%20files.jpg]
11-14-2012, 02:46 AM
RE:
It's also possible that the files weren't fully downloaded, which causes problems like this as well.
11-14-2012, 03:14 AM
RE:
I did download the latest version of WinRAR. When I downloaded the files, I was patient and tried not to interfere with the downloading process.

((Chosen)) I will try what you suggested and let you guys know if it works.

Thanks for all the replies.
52.gif
11-14-2012, 03:32 AM
RE:
My operating system is Windows Vista and I'm not getting this "Extraction Path and Options" box (displayed above).

I copied the file to a ZIP folder but still was not able to open it. Needless to say, I am not very tech savvy but I am intuitive, so I'm trying to do what I think is logical. However, I need more guidance.
11-23-2012, 11:29 AM
RE:
I notice that your link says Part 1. Are you just trying to open that only, because it will not work. You must have all of the parts together for any Zip File to open them.

So, try this.

Get all the parts together, preferably in a New Folder, (Just in case some zombie hasn't put them in a folder themselves before compressing.
Highlight all the folders together and if running 7Zip - run test archive. That will show any CRC errors.
If it's okay, then click on Extract here.
Otherwise, use WinRar and do what 'chosen' said and click on 'keep broken files'. That box shows up when you click on top line of 'Extract here' in WinRar.

Hope that helps. ~ am.
11-23-2012, 05:45 PM
RE:
Oh, thank you ((am264))! I will try what you have suggested and let you know if it solves the issue because I have not resolved it yet.

And, the files are all downloaded separately. So, that may be the problem but I think that is the only way to download them without being a premium member of these downloading sites. If we can download all the files in one batch in a "regular" download, please give me a brief rundown of how to accomplish that?

Thanks!
11-30-2012, 12:05 AM
RE:
That is a part file
you need to download all parts and merge together with Hjsplit before they'll open

or that's how part files usually work...

38.gif