44.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

04-02-2019, 03:36 PM
RE: HELP WANTED --- WHAT'S GOING ON WITH GE.TT?!!!
Confirmed, your new link in the update above works just fine. I am hoping it is a different link than you sent in the PM.
D.
04-03-2019, 01:08 AM
@DacInBC: Yes, it is a different link. The link in the update on post #10 is from a brand new FREE account I just created in a fake (male) name. I had no trouble uploading or downloading it. So it leads me to believe they have frozen my paid account ... I can't say they terminated it because I can still log in and see my files, only, I can't do anything once inside. And after 3 emails asking them about it, all I get is the standard auto reply that my request has been received. That's no way to do business!

I don't know about the rest of you all but I am finding it more and more difficult to find file share sites that don't outright reject your uploads or make you jump through hoops.

Layna61524
[Image: Layna-250.png]
04-03-2019, 02:03 AM
Just did a whois lookup on ge.tt and unfortunately they have privacy settings on, no phone number to be had.

Considering the domain is in Trinidad I didn't think they had to comply with DMCA take downs. Odd that they have not notified you that they where locking your content.

Just curious, have you tried their app on a phone to see if it has any better contact information?
04-03-2019, 03:45 AM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2019 03:55 AM by layna61524.)
@DacInBC: Thanks, buddy. I didn't even think to do a search on WhoIs.

No, I don't have any of these new-fangled phones most people salivate over these days. Laugh if you like but I have a throw-away flip phone on a pay-as-you-go plan ... just for calling a tow-truck or the local restaurant when I'm in my car. It's cheap, has unreliable Virgin Mobile service and doesn't hold much of a charge. I use my Ooma for talking to family. So, no --- I didn't try using an app. You can't use app on Ooma because it's not a mobile phone.

At first, I thought Ge.tt was just playing a cruel April Fool's joke on some of its customers but now I'm p*ssed!

By the way, I tried those links posted by mharun for the Sean D'Souza Infoproduct Creation course and it looks like they're still locked (unavailable until tomorrow). I wonder when tomorrow is gonna come? I suspect Ge.tt has frozen that sharer's account, too.

Let's keep our fingers crossed that solar33 can get it and post a mirror here because I really, really want that course!

Layna61524
04-04-2019, 04:01 AM
I just wanted to update mharun and solar33 that I tried using JDownloader2 to download the Sean D'Souza Knock Out Information Products Course but it said the files are offline and not available anymore.

@solar33: I sent you a PM before I learned this from JDownloader2 so please disregard my message.

Layna61524
78.gif
04-04-2019, 10:39 AM
I was able to download your pseudnym's checklist. Good job, fixing the problem. And *hugs* for your struggles.
04-05-2019, 12:11 AM
I'm not sure what's happening with GE.TT to be honest. I finally got to the download pages today after always being told the shares had reached their limit for the day. However, when I clicked the 'download' link, the download wouldn't start. I tried several times on each link.
Now, after leaving it for an hour, while doing other things, I went back to find out that, once again, the daily download limit has been reached and the files are unavailable.

The thing is though, the download count increased during the time I was trying, so someone is getting to download them okay.
They're just not making mirrors here.

I'll keep trying.
04-13-2019, 11:11 AM
Thank you for the digital hugs, MoneyMaven. I can surely use them right about now!

Thank you for the update, solar33. I think it's a lost cause; I believe the links have long gone dead and Ge.tt is just rendering those false messages because something is wrong with their servers. Obviously, something is wrong with their customer support, too, because today is April 12th and I have been sending them support emails since April 1st. No one has gotten back to me yet and what p*sses me off is I have a paid account with several months remaining.

I managed to find a couple of phone numbers when I clicked the tiny text link under NEWS that reads: "Ge.tt Acquired by KeepIt A/S" ... but they're both international numbers. I'm not about to make a call abroad when the problem is clearly theirs. The only solace I find is that I'm not the only one having problems using that site but since I've gotten a few take-down warnings in the past, I automatically assumed it has to do with that and my account was somehow involved; but I'm able to log in and see everything. I just can't download anything ... my own or others' stuff.

So, I did the only thing I could ... I deleted all of my shares from their server. I felt that, since I couldn't download even my own shares, nobody else would either. And clearly, others had been downloading my shares all along based on the dates and estimated times that were showing for each share (ex: Today 10 minutes ago, etc.).

It's a shame they're too trifling to identify the problem and fix it. I used to love Ge.tt but my entire position has changed. They could at least have answered my email.

Layna61524
04-13-2019, 11:13 AM
Thank you for the digital hugs, MoneyMaven. I can surely use them right about now!

Thank you for the update, solar33. I think it's a lost cause; I believe the links have long gone dead and Ge.tt is just rendering those false messages because something is wrong with their servers. Obviously, something is wrong with their customer support, too, because today is April 12th and I have been sending them support emails since April 1st. No one has gotten back to me yet and what p*sses me off is I have a paid account with several months remaining.

I managed to find a couple of phone numbers when I clicked the tiny text link under NEWS that reads: "Ge.tt Acquired by KeepIt A/S" ... but they're both international numbers. I'm not about to make a call abroad when the problem is clearly theirs. The only solace I find is that I'm not the only one having problems using that site but since I've gotten a few take-down warnings in the past, I automatically assumed it has to do with that and my account was somehow involved; but I'm able to log in and see everything. I just can't download anything ... my own or others' stuff.

So, I did the only thing I could ... I deleted all of my shares from their server. I felt that, since I couldn't download even my own shares, nobody else would either. And clearly, others had been downloading my shares all along based on the dates and estimated times that were showing for each share (ex: Today 10 minutes ago, etc.).

It's a shame they're too trifling to identify the problem and fix it. I used to love Ge.tt but that has now changed.

Layna61524
04-13-2019, 11:19 AM
Now there seems to be something wrong with the forum. I just typed and posted a reply twice but it isn't showing on the thread. I even refreshed the page and it's not there. How strange.

If there is a glitch on the forum that means eventually, you will see two near-identical posts from me.

Maybe I'll just log off for now and get some rest.

Layna61524
60.gif

50.gif