50.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

12-01-2013, 01:00 AM
HELP : Question about PLR and MRR right
hi,

I need help please with the PLR and MRR rights. I have PLR and MRR
products that I want to sell, and I don't want to violate any copyright.
so the question is can we combine the rights ? for exemple if you have these rights :
[YES] Can be packaged
[YES] Can sell Resale Rights.
[YES] Can sell Master Resale Rights.
[YES] Can be given away for free.
does this mean that you can :
- make a product package and sell the product MRR right as well ?
- give away the product with the MRR right for free on my website ?
12-01-2013, 01:29 AM
RE:
yes you can do all of these by why would you want to give them free? And if you do why don't you spin the articles or products? This why they won't be detected easily.
[Image: yCejIZo.gif]]
12-01-2013, 09:34 PM
RE:
hi,
thanks for your reply but these questions "why would you want to give them free? And if you do why don't you spin the articles or products? This why they won't be detected easily" make me thing that you don't really now PLR and MRR.
So please I need an answer from someone who master this subject.

As for you Babloodabloo thanks again for your reply, and the answer for your question is : I give them for free to get traffic to my website and build a list.
12-02-2013, 08:33 AM
RE:
Hi imbelhassen,

I am not an expert, but my interpretation of your situation is:
[yes] you can edit/package it however you want, and you can sell or give this away, with no rights
[no] you can edit/package it however you want, and then GIVE this away with RR or MRR
[yes] you can edit/package it however you want, and you can SELL this with RR or MRR

It makes sense that the original author would want to preserve the value by not allowing everyone down from him to give this away for free.

In your situation, perhaps you could give away the thing to build good will and a list, and then offer MRR as a small OTO or upsell. I know that I myself have fallen for that technique plenty of times. it also separates the buyers from the pure freebie-seekers :-)
12-04-2013, 03:22 AM
RE:
hi,
thanks coyote66 for your answer
but again I need an expert answer please !
57.gif
12-07-2013, 06:34 AM
RE:
Yes you can do that. But be careful. If you have only RR (Resell Rights) you cannot offer Resell rights unless you have MRR (Master Resell Rights).
04-05-2014, 12:53 AM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2014 12:58 AM by Quasar.)
RE: HELP : Question about PLR and MRR right
(12-01-2013 01:00 AM)imbelhassen Wrote:  hi,

I need help please with the PLR and MRR rights. I have PLR and MRR
products that I want to sell, and I don't want to violate any copyright.
so the question is can we combine the rights ? for exemple if you have these rights :
[YES] Can be packaged
[YES] Can sell Resale Rights.
[YES] Can sell Master Resale Rights.
[YES] Can be given away for free.
does this mean that you can :
- make a product package and sell the product MRR right as well ?
- give away the product with the MRR right for free on my website ?
Your answer is in black and white and on the third line:

[YES] Can sell Master Resale Rights

No other rights are assumed or implied. You CAN sell MRR - you CANNOT give the MRR away.

You CAN give the product away - You CANNOT give MRR for the product away.

DO NOT read anymore into this than is written. DO NOT infer that because it is NOT written, you CAN do something.

The rules for copyright are always simple - DO NOT assume because it is NOT in writing in a manner that you THINK you can do - that you can do it. DO what is stated specifically in the rights documents.

And even PLR products have restrictions, so the same rules apply to them. If what you want to do is not clearly stated in the rights document, DO NOT do it.

And I AM an expert in PLR/MRR products. I buy, sell, use products with these rights all the time.

This product has MRR with restrictions attached to it - NOT PLR.

With either set of rights, the best course of action is ALWAYS to rewrite or spin, delete parts or add substantially to the content. Any other tricks or nonsense can and will get you sued.

People are suing the unknowing or non-compliant users of content with more frequency and for more money every day.
You have to learn the rules of the game. Then you have to play better than anyone else. -Albert Einstein
04-05-2014, 01:20 AM
RE:
In the USA, to the best of my knowledge (I am not a lawyer) - price fixing is illegal. Put simply, a manufacturer or wholesaler cannot set the retail price. This is US Federal Law - and violation is at a felony level. So if a supermarket decided to sell 2 liter coke for 1c as a loss leader, Coca Cola can't stop them or cut off/down their supply. Same if they set the price to 0c. Canada and the EU have similar anti-price-fixing laws. If you have the legal right to sell a product you can sell it at any price including free. PLR is a product and in those jurisdictions the same rules would apply.
04-06-2014, 02:29 AM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2014 03:18 AM by Quasar.)
RE:
(04-05-2014 01:20 AM)sjc999 Wrote:  In the USA, to the best of my knowledge (I am not a lawyer) - price fixing is illegal. Put simply, a manufacturer or wholesaler cannot set the retail price. This is US Federal Law - and violation is at a felony level. So if a supermarket decided to sell 2 liter coke for 1c as a loss leader, Coca Cola can't stop them or cut off/down their supply. Same if they set the price to 0c. Canada and the EU have similar anti-price-fixing laws. If you have the legal right to sell a product you can sell it at any price including free. PLR is a product and in those jurisdictions the same rules would apply.

Bullshit!

You are so wrong, it is not remotely funny!

Post about stuff you really know - this subject is beyond your grasp.

Price fixing has nothing to do with this unless those rights are in the PLR license. If it says do not sell below a set price, don't do it! If the rights say DO NOT sell for less than $20, this is part of the PLR license, whether you like it or not.

Conversely, If selling prices are NOT in the rights - then the copyright holder does not care what price you sell it for. But he has to state it in the PLR/MRR/RR documents that have been sent with the purchase.

PLR rights DO NOT give you Carte Blanche to do anything you want with the product. And this question is about MRR NOT PLR - and rights/copyrights.

If the terms specify the product can ONLY be sold for more than $5, $10 or whatever, those are the conditions of the license.

If the rights statement says it cannot be sold under a specific price, you CANNOT do it. You will violate the PLR terms of purchase.

You also CANNOT sell it in marketplaces and venues that s/he doesn't want it sold in - like eBay.

In this case, price fixing (you only think you know something about) can and is set/intended to stop products from being devalued.

Sellers and owners of products can (and often do) set minimum pricing standards for their stuff.

This is NOT price fixing! It is minimum price that is in place and not subject to your judgment or interpretation.

So, using your poor example of Coke, you won't have the product to sell at all - regardless of the price. Nor can you buy more of it in any other or black or secondary market to replace stock. The Coke name and product descriptions are both copyrighted and trademarked (which is another entirely different matter.)

You are Licensed to sell Coke, but big companies like them will come get their products off your shelves for failing to price produtts within their terms. They can repossess them!

Coke CAN stop selling to you, and use any reason or premise they want. Even though they cannot specifically tell you what price you can sell their products for, they can set a minimum selling price on their products. They WILL cut off your supply if you don't adhere to their standards.

So, you may think PLR can be sold or given away freely, but whether it is/is not in the PLR usage rights documents, you cannot do something because you THINK it MIGHT be right.

Price fixing has ZERO to do with this question or the issue! Price fixing laws are intended to help eliminate predatory pricing or spikes/reductions done with no legitimacy.

e.g. A hurricane hits your community and you decide to double the price for batteries - or you are the only store that has them and you add $20 to the price. This is predatory pricing and price fixing.

So, your example is a poor one!

No, a manufacturer or seller cannot FORCE you sell at MINIMUM prices. BUT they CAN stop selling to you, rescind your resale rights and stop delivering COKE or whatever the product or service is.

This IS NOT price fixing!

And if an invoice for the inventory is outstanding for the product(s) being questioned, Coke can come in and pickup all their products, and any balance owed to them is immediately payable.

And the rules are NOT the same in Europe, Asia or anywhere else. Price fixing is an extremely tough condition to prove. It applies much more to the sale of hard goods offline.

Regardless, the original question is about selling rights with the product - and copyrights - not price fixing.

PLR also often does not even allow you to claim copyright. Yes, you can put your name on the work and throughout the pages of an eBook or any other product.

But PLR does not even give you the right to claim copyright unless the owner tells you the copyright is transferred to you or you have something in writing that says he has given total, unrestricted use.

And just so you are clear about your own stuff. It is immediately copyrighted upon completion. It is definitely desirabe to use the copyright symbol, but it is your property even without it.

When even slightly in doubt about copyright laws, call an attorney that specializes in Internet, e-commerce and Intellectual property law.

The best policy with any product you sell is to add substantially to the work, re-write it or make a parody out of it.

What you CANNOT do is make any assumptions about rights, how you sell the products, and where.

With all this said, you CAN send an email to the author or distributor of the product - and politely ask if you can do what you want with it.

(Sometimes, they will tell you they don't care.) I purchased a PLR product just a week ago and the rights statement was unclear, so I emailed the owner.

I asked him to send me an email with the precise details about what I could do with the product. I got an email the next day that spelled the exact rights out.

In this case, I could do anything I wanted with the product. It is not always that way, but you need to email or call and ask.

PLR and MRR only means you have the rights to distribute or sell - it doesn't mean you own all rights or OWN the product! If you have questions, seek legal counsel or get something in writing from the owner.

You have to learn the rules of the game. Then you have to play better than anyone else. -Albert Einstein
04-07-2014, 04:37 AM
RE:
(04-06-2014 02:29 AM)Quasar Wrote:  
(04-05-2014 01:20 AM)sjc999 Wrote:  In the USA, to the best of my knowledge (I am not a lawyer) - price fixing is illegal. Put simply, a manufacturer or wholesaler cannot set the retail price. This is US Federal Law - and violation is at a felony level. So if a supermarket decided to sell 2 liter coke for 1c as a loss leader, Coca Cola can't stop them or cut off/down their supply. Same if they set the price to 0c. Canada and the EU have similar anti-price-fixing laws. If you have the legal right to sell a product you can sell it at any price including free. PLR is a product and in those jurisdictions the same rules would apply.

Bullshit!

You are so wrong, it is not remotely funny!

Post about stuff you really know - this subject is beyond your grasp.

Price fixing has nothing to do with this unless those rights are in the PLR license. If it says do not sell below a set price, don't do it! If the rights say DO NOT sell for less than $20, this is part of the PLR license, whether you like it or not.

Conversely, If selling prices are NOT in the rights - then the copyright holder does not care what price you sell it for. But he has to state it in the PLR/MRR/RR documents that have been sent with the purchase.

PLR rights DO NOT give you Carte Blanche to do anything you want with the product. And this question is about MRR NOT PLR - and rights/copyrights.

If the terms specify the product can ONLY be sold for more than $5, $10 or whatever, those are the conditions of the license.

If the rights statement says it cannot be sold under a specific price, you CANNOT do it. You will violate the PLR terms of purchase.

You also CANNOT sell it in marketplaces and venues that s/he doesn't want it sold in - like eBay.

In this case, price fixing (you only think you know something about) can and is set/intended to stop products from being devalued.

Sellers and owners of products can (and often do) set minimum pricing standards for their stuff.

This is NOT price fixing! It is minimum price that is in place and not subject to your judgment or interpretation.

So, using your poor example of Coke, you won't have the product to sell at all - regardless of the price. Nor can you buy more of it in any other or black or secondary market to replace stock. The Coke name and product descriptions are both copyrighted and trademarked (which is another entirely different matter.)

You are Licensed to sell Coke, but big companies like them will come get their products off your shelves for failing to price produtts within their terms. They can repossess them!

Coke CAN stop selling to you, and use any reason or premise they want. Even though they cannot specifically tell you what price you can sell their products for, they can set a minimum selling price on their products. They WILL cut off your supply if you don't adhere to their standards.

So, you may think PLR can be sold or given away freely, but whether it is/is not in the PLR usage rights documents, you cannot do something because you THINK it MIGHT be right.

Price fixing has ZERO to do with this question or the issue! Price fixing laws are intended to help eliminate predatory pricing or spikes/reductions done with no legitimacy.

e.g. A hurricane hits your community and you decide to double the price for batteries - or you are the only store that has them and you add $20 to the price. This is predatory pricing and price fixing.

So, your example is a poor one!

No, a manufacturer or seller cannot FORCE you sell at MINIMUM prices. BUT they CAN stop selling to you, rescind your resale rights and stop delivering COKE or whatever the product or service is.

This IS NOT price fixing!

And if an invoice for the inventory is outstanding for the product(s) being questioned, Coke can come in and pickup all their products, and any balance owed to them is immediately payable.

And the rules are NOT the same in Europe, Asia or anywhere else. Price fixing is an extremely tough condition to prove. It applies much more to the sale of hard goods offline.

Regardless, the original question is about selling rights with the product - and copyrights - not price fixing.

PLR also often does not even allow you to claim copyright. Yes, you can put your name on the work and throughout the pages of an eBook or any other product.

But PLR does not even give you the right to claim copyright unless the owner tells you the copyright is transferred to you or you have something in writing that says he has given total, unrestricted use.

And just so you are clear about your own stuff. It is immediately copyrighted upon completion. It is definitely desirabe to use the copyright symbol, but it is your property even without it.

When even slightly in doubt about copyright laws, call an attorney that specializes in Internet, e-commerce and Intellectual property law.

The best policy with any product you sell is to add substantially to the work, re-write it or make a parody out of it.

What you CANNOT do is make any assumptions about rights, how you sell the products, and where.

With all this said, you CAN send an email to the author or distributor of the product - and politely ask if you can do what you want with it.

(Sometimes, they will tell you they don't care.) I purchased a PLR product just a week ago and the rights statement was unclear, so I emailed the owner.

I asked him to send me an email with the precise details about what I could do with the product. I got an email the next day that spelled the exact rights out.

In this case, I could do anything I wanted with the product. It is not always that way, but you need to email or call and ask.

PLR and MRR only means you have the rights to distribute or sell - it doesn't mean you own all rights or OWN the product! If you have questions, seek legal counsel or get something in writing from the owner.

thank you now i understand better Cool rep added
9.gif

9.gif