28.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

06-26-2012, 11:14 AM
[HELP] Is there any program to check the safety of wordpress plugins and themes
I am looking for a software that can check and cure whether a wordpress plugin or wordpress themes contains virus.
I normally check it via virus total and use Theme Authenticity Checker for wordpress themes. Is there a better way to check and cure the safetyness of wordpress plugin and themes?
07-05-2012, 02:10 PM
this is really but not free.
07-05-2012, 07:43 PM
Hi,

There are tools and wp plugins that can scan for potential issues, but I've not found any that I would totally trust.

I do download most plugins and themes I find and check them over manually, reporting them and sharing a cleaned version where possible.

I am working on a tool/site that will help, but will not be ready for a while as it is lower priority to some other projects right now - it started as a tool to help me scan for infected stuff and take out most of the manual effort.

It will be like using wordpress in a way, just upload your script/plugin/theme and let it do it's thing
You will also be able to upload a plugin to wp that works with the main site to scan and check already installed code.
It will then report any suspect findings to you and possible clean/cure solutions

I've got a lot of ideas to put into it, just not the time right now!!

and.. best of all.. totally free of course, I hate infected stuff and the selfish people spreading it

Cheers,
Si
07-06-2012, 09:29 AM
try one of these:
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/sear...hreat+scan

don't forget to hit thanks if you like the share
09-26-2012, 07:13 AM
RE:
Hi Irfan,

You can go for more details inspection of your site with zulu.zscaler(dot)com

but this site doesn't give you anything about themes and plugins for that you need to go for a paid version of
hackertarget(dot)com

Regards
Powerbuks
24.gif
09-26-2012, 04:43 PM
RE:
there is one plugin called wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-security-scan/
But i think you should look at others comments / ratings and download stats before installing any plugin in wordpress.

75.gif