13.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

05-28-2014, 10:10 PM
RE:
CSS animations within vis composer not working anyone else same problem??
05-29-2014, 05:36 PM
RE:
read the documentation carefully...there is a little extra work to be done to have it running smoothly as it was designed to. But it isn't that difficult. Just start with the older version and follow the instructions from there.
05-31-2014, 03:00 AM
RE:
(05-28-2014 11:34 AM)ocguy Wrote:  How to make the site faster

[HIDE]http://forum.tagdiv.com/how-to-make-the-site-faster/[\Hide]
From the tagDiv support forum

The demo uses the tagDiv speed booster plugin – basically that plugin will make the theme use the compressed javascript file from the theme (instead of the regular one) and it also moves all the stylesheets and javascripts (codes) to the bottom of the page. This may break compatibility with some wordpress plugins (the ones that we recommend when you install the theme are well tested and work perfectly).
The list of speed recommendations:
  • we recommend that you use W3 total cache with just the full page cache module enabled (NO JAVASCIPT MINIFIER !!!).
  • you can also use the APC full page cache if you have a lot of ram on your server
If you have a dedicated server / VPS:
  • make sure that you have APC installed or another ‘op cache’ for php. This will reduce your server response time.We have receive some reports that the accelerator has some problems in some specific configurations with our theme and Nginx.
  • make sure that you have compression enabled on your site for html/js/css but not for images
  • Leverage browser caching https://developers.google.com/speed/docs...serCaching google page speed requires that you set an expiring cache of 7 days or more
If you are on a shared hosting or a low power VPS, please update to a more powerful server for better speeds.
05-31-2014, 05:23 AM
RE:
This theme is a total garbage.

Thank you for your upload anyway
05-31-2014, 05:33 AM
RE:
Why you said that? My load speed was less than a second with gtmetrix and pingdom tool in a Goddady shared hosting
34.gif
05-31-2014, 02:40 PM (This post was last modified: 05-31-2014 02:52 PM by Puppy.)
RE:
Compare gtmetrix to Google http://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/

and compare it to my result with another theme (not the updated version) shared here:
I played around with 2.0 and the result is amazing (on a regular shared hosting with my tweaks):
[Image: Page_Speed_Results.png]

I can even get better results with Sahifa 4.2.1 (which also sux imo)
http://developers.google.com/speed/pages...ab=desktop

(Please note that the results above are from my shared hosting, I usually use a VPS but now I don't have time to manage it)
By the way I am about to start a service - a lot of folk don't know how to optimize their websites. When even don't know what those reports and warnings from Google PageSpeed mean.
I also can configure different kind of VPS - Virtualmin, VestaCP, Cpanel and so on, but as I said the main issue with semi-managed VPS services is that you have to deal with the issues on your own.
A messy MySQL file could be a bomb for example!
05-31-2014, 04:14 PM
RE:
bigdarkmad, it's a good theme, but the current version maybe time consuming to setup for some people. If you like an older version let me know, it will be an unopened file.
05-31-2014, 05:59 PM (This post was last modified: 05-31-2014 06:00 PM by Puppy.)
RE:
Hi ocguy,

Thank you for your response. I am looking for another theme - ThemeForest - SmartMag v2.1, but can't find the last updated version.
Do you manage to have it?

Newspaper is too complicated, too many options, imo most visitors/customers looking for something simple, where they can easily find some needed information + some related article.
They do not want to be flooded with banners, ads, slider and so on... this is just my opinion based on my experience.
05-31-2014, 06:00 PM
RE:
@ocguy
Mate a new version 3.8.4 fixes an important yoast conflict.
Can you please update to that version
Thank you
06-01-2014, 05:41 AM
RE:
Yeah, true
(05-31-2014 06:00 PM)derdor Wrote:  @ocguy
Mate a new version 3.8.4 fixes an important yoast conflict.
Can you please update to that version
Thank you
52.gif

38.gif