13.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

07-14-2015, 04:41 PM
RE: [GET] LATEST - Social Locker for Wordpress V.4.1.8
Please, share!
"Those who cannot bravely face danger are the slaves of their attackers."
Aristotle

#FreeSyriaFromIsis
#FreeUkraineFromNazzi
07-19-2015, 03:41 AM
I am sure most already know, but I figure I should at least say it just for those who don't. If you have an established facebook page (no I am not talking about a page followed by however many thousand FAKE likes), I would highly recommend not using Like/Share Gates/Lockers. Facebook recently took a strong stance against these. Last week a very good friend of mine who has a huge following on his blog and facebook page lost his Facebook fan page. Facebook told him it was because his blog had a like locker on many of the pages. He is currently fighting it by saying it was his web designers doing but has yet to get it back. His Facebook page had over 50,000 real facebook followers and now its gone. So, again, I would not recommend using the Facebook like/share lock, but I think the other social sites are still in the clear.
always +REP those who help you, it's the least you could do.
07-19-2015, 04:57 AM
Well.
It's really his fault though for trying it without setting up any precautions.
You should know when you will be using this is you would only use it in a specific time | security on your website to track any bots for checking | Don't abuse it!
07-19-2015, 05:53 AM (This post was last modified: 07-19-2015 06:03 AM by Malice.)
(07-19-2015 04:57 AM)FoukuYu Wrote:  Well.
It's really his fault though for trying it without setting up any precautions.
You should know when you will be using this is you would only use it in a specific time | security on your website to track any bots for checking | Don't abuse it!

Undecided well...k then...that is just plain ignorant but ok, I will go with that for a moment. Anyways, It wasnt even a Facebook Policy violation until a couple months ago. It was most likely reported by a Facebook user. While Facebook does catch a lot of things due to automation systems such as spam, fake accounts etc, many things such as this are manually checked after a Facebook user reports a violation. Should he have made a giant modal lock that popped up with the statement "If you are a Facebook User with intentions of Reporting me or a Facebook Employee Please Do Not Enter". LoL , some people. "Its his fault for letting people visit his website" Biggrin For the record, I was not saying it wasnt his fault, I was merely giving a friendly warning. But if you think Facebook only catches people from bots or that you can avoid a regular visitor reporting you and that it wont be followed up with a manual check...then, well, by all means go for it :Lol
07-19-2015, 06:08 AM
Basically you didn't get my point. It's still illegal even though it's not in their policy. As you are clickjacking those likes without the users permission to do so.

I'm pretty sure he still uses the locker | script even though facebook updated their policy.
25.gif
07-19-2015, 06:50 AM (This post was last modified: 07-19-2015 07:06 AM by Malice.)
(07-19-2015 06:08 AM)FoukuYu Wrote:  Basically you didn't get my point. It's still illegal even though it's not in their policy. As you are clickjacking those likes without the users permission to do so.

I'm pretty sure he still uses the locker | script even though facebook updated their policy.

FYI...There is a major difference between a clickjacker and a social locker. Undecided Your point was invalid Cool Also, its not "illegal"...federal agents arnt going to kick down your door and shove the business end of an rifle to your temple for using a clickjacker or social locker, but it is against Facebook's Policies now. If it is not in their terms or policies, then it most likely wont get you banned. A large social site such as Facebook would be certain to include it in their policies prior to banning pages/people if they dont want it to happen.
11-17-2015, 11:34 AM
It's against Facebooks's TOS to use content lockers:
Code:
http://gizmodo.com/facebook-has-banned-likes-for-content-1618101824

Is Facebook cracking down on this, or does it not matter?
12-02-2015, 11:31 AM
Can someone reup this ?
Thanks
12-07-2015, 06:59 PM
link dead
please Update to v.4.2.8 – 30 Nov 2015
Thanks
12-12-2015, 10:11 AM
sent pm!