30.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

04-03-2014, 08:36 AM
RE:
Another Kindle share here for BBHF Heart Smile
[GET] Kindle Clean Book Brained
04-03-2014, 08:51 AM
RE:
(03-14-2014 11:00 PM)axle-one Wrote:  Thanks for the share. Reps added.

This is a pretty basic book on creating a kindle book. It goes through the simple steps of getting the written material together, cover design, and uploading. You could probably learn this just by following the kindle posts here, but he assembles it altogether to make it easier for newbies.

Problem with kindle book writing is not how to create a book, but getting the content together. The author suggest to break it down into small sections and write regularly -- pretty much similar stuff that everyone offers.

My tricks to getting Kindle content on "paper" are:

Collect ideas for your content everyday while you surf -- copy and paste into a text editor -- and save with a descriptive title in a folder for later use. I now have three folders of material waiting to be sorted out into Kindle books. I think that this works great for fiction.

My second, and best trick works great for non-fiction, storytelling novels and for visual, creative folks. Invest in a headphone with microphone (plantronics is the best) and a copy of Dragon Naturally Speaking. Install and run the tutorials -- it will take a few days to learn how to use.

Now the fun part. Get comfortable in your favorite easy chair, close your eyes, and imagine the action in your story. (Smoking a doobie or a few bourbons really lubricates this process I am told.) Descriptively talk out loud what you see -- don't hurry -- but describe everything that your mind sees and describe it as though you are explaining it to another person who is not there. Describe the action as though you are performing it and interacting with the other characters. As you are speaking Dragon Naturally speaking is transcribing your words into a simple text editor. You will be amazed how your goal of writing 5 minutes per day turns into 40 to 50 pages of text per day without effort.

Once I complete a chapter of material, I do a simple edit, proofread and then I send out my draft "chapters" to FIVERR editor for a $5 rewrite and editing. [You will have to find a good editor with experience. The best editors are worth gold since they can take my drivel and make readers want to keep turning my pages.]

If you book ideas come out better outdoors --- no problem -- get a small digital recorder, find your outdoor site, and this is important, close your eyes, and dictate your descriptions of the area and the action. When you get home, download the digital recording and have Dragon Naturally Speaking transcribe the file into text.

Hope it works for you.
Thanks for this. I bought a headphone set and installed Dragon Naturally Speaking some months ago intending to do exactly as you described in your post. I haven't gotten around to using either yet, but after reading your post you reminded me why I got them in the first place. Joint rolled. I'm off to do some speak-writing...rep added...
04-03-2014, 09:50 AM
RE: Kindle Instruction For The Very Beginner
This is a book for the very beginning Kindle writer/publisher. It's obvious it's a sincere attempt at sharing what it takes to get a book produced and published. The guy's heart is certainly in the right place.
04-04-2014, 09:26 AM
RE:
Actually, writing the book and publishing it are the easy parts, compared to marketing.

ANY Joe or Jane can whip together a stream-of-consciousness piece and have someone on Fiverr do the dirty work. Okay, so now you have a book, and you can just follow Kindle's online help section to publish it (or probably even hire ANOTHER guy on Fiverr to do it for you).

But will it sell? Doubtful.

Anyone with half a brain can put a book up on Kindle. SELLING it is a different matter entirely, and that's going to depend on two things - how good a writer you are and how well you can market it. Both talents take a LOT of work to develop, and no dinky little 32-page book (or even a dinky little 320-page book) is going to take the place of experience.
04-22-2014, 12:19 PM
RE: [GET] Kindle Karma | Redeem Your Finances By Publishing On Kindle
Thanks for the share, +rep
49.gif
[Image: nPaFfhJ.gif]

45.gif