27.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

08-25-2020, 10:42 AM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2020 03:38 PM by Lumos.)
Lightbulb RE: Free web hosting help!
I am a webmaster for others via reseller hosting and made my 1st site sometime around 1998.

Have used a bunch of free hosting deals before taking up hosting for others, and:
Most have been severe disappointments - especially 000webhost, who will ditch your account for no reason and has ZERO support for free users, so if/when that happens you are just S.O.L. - neither warning nor notification - just...gone, subdomain and all data.
I tried it twice using their subdomains, years apart and it was the same both times.

Looking at infinityfree vs. their premium gives me very strong doubts because it is unlimited for free, but limited for 3.99/month ??
Very odd.

Lowendboxes is now thefasthost.net and offering some deals - including 50% recurring, BUT:
There is no way to see how long they've been around as their about and FAQ pages have no real info about them and their visible stats are all zeros ?!?
That being said - their biggest reseller offer has good specs for a good price:
Quote:Reseller Business - $80 / year with special
Unlimited Domains, Unlimited DirectAdmin Accounts, 250GB Storage (guaranteed), Unlimited Bandwidth, Free SSL Certificate, Unlimited Subdomains, Unlimited MySQL Databases, Unlimited E-Mail Accounts, Daily Off-Site Backup
That is under $7/month for very large allotments - but will they stick around ??
No idea.

The 2 biggest worries with hosting are always the same NO MATTER WHAT IT COSTS:
1 - The provider will burn out and just decide to shut down, many times without warning or refunds;
2 - Total data loss either per #1 above, or when a provider fakes an attack and then claims they are forced to shutdown...
Gee whiz, very sorry - BYE !!

Too many folks think they can make good money and get into hosting - but then find out it is grueling 24/7/365 work with zero relief and not much pay.
Add in that cPanel exponentially increased their pricing which forced many providers out and others into using DA instead.

All the above is why I do not offer hosting for sale - always use good reseller hosting - and DO NOT own or operate my own servers - let the provider do that work !!

Best Wishes to All !!
I totally despise board spammers and spambots !!!
09-11-2020, 12:25 PM
RE: Free web hosting help!
This post is kind of old but having a landing page in a free webhosting only leads to troubles, but if today someone knows a good free hosting please let me know at least for testing purpose.
10-28-2020, 05:18 PM
There are a number of free web hosting services like Bluehost, Weebly, or wordpress.com that work perfectly but I would suggest going with the paid services if you intend to work a long time on your website because when the traffic increases then there are a lot of limitations in these free web hosting services that would cause problems in the future.
10-29-2020, 09:53 AM
I am replying here ONLY to make a pointer to reply #21, rather than quoting it as that info remains the same.
I totally despise board spammers and spambots !!!

37.gif