45.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

01-01-2015, 04:05 AM
RE:
(12-31-2014 01:00 PM)Vito Wrote:  
(12-29-2014 09:21 AM)hobbynobby Wrote:  For domain registration, I recommend http://www.NameCheap.com

Their prices are maybe a little higher to start, but they have a free year of Whois Guard for free with new domain registrations, which makes it cheaper than using something like GoDaddy and getting a cheap domain, but then either paying another 8 bucks for keeping your info secret, or not doing so, and getting a crap load of spam to people who look for emails of new domain registrations.

For hosting, I've used http://www.BlueHost.com for a while, they are pretty good, US based servers, their online chat is pretty ok, and I've had pretty good luck with uptime.

Their cpanel is not too bad to use, and you can upgrade services for different things.

Also, for reseller hosting, if you need to have multiple cpanels, or just having one cpanel per domain if you need to be able to keep it that way, InMotion Hosting is something I just started to use, not too bad so far, the chat support has been pretty good as well.

Just my two cents...

Just please stay away from GoDaddy and HostGator... both have become crap...not worth the headache.

And also, I would always suggest that you NEVER keep your domains AND hosting with the same provider.... always host with one and register with another...

Long time ago we used 1and1 for both and whenever there was a billing problem, they shut everything down... they had us by the nuts.... so be careful and keep these two things separated...

My two cents...

Cheers!
Thanks...

Few questions

- I keep reading about keeping hosting and domain in separate places, is it because of that same problem you mentioned? You don't want to give 1 place that much power over your stuff, so in the case something happens you can open hosting elsewhere with your domain and keep going. If you have domain/hosting in one place then it could mess up business if there is a problem.

- I keep hearing GoDaddy is not good for hosting... is there a reason for this? I actually had Godaddy hosting before, never had a problem but i also didn't have any traffic going to it.

thanks for the recommendations, reps added.
Yes, it's best to just keep the domains and the hosting on TWO different platforms.

I don't like GoDaddy... they are extremely commercial, and guess where they get the money to do all that advertising? They overcharge and they don't have the greatest support.

Again, you never know how bad support is until you need it. With GoDaddy, I just think you are better going elsewhere.

I'm using both iPage and BlueHost right now for cheap web hosting. They both do ok. Maybe not the best, but for the price, more than enough. Wait until you are making buckets of money before upgrading to something like LiquidWeb or such.
01-01-2015, 04:29 AM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2015 04:30 AM by Hopefully.)
RE:
If you're looking for best web hosting, I would suggest you to go for Media Temple, their support and up time is awesome. I am using their VPS hosting 50 per month for the last 1 year. Now they have released SSD for 55 per month and I am planning to switch this month.
01-04-2015, 12:39 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2015 12:39 PM by Vito.)
RE:
(01-01-2015 04:05 AM)hobbynobby Wrote:  
(12-31-2014 01:00 PM)Vito Wrote:  
(12-29-2014 09:21 AM)hobbynobby Wrote:  For domain registration, I recommend http://www.NameCheap.com

Their prices are maybe a little higher to start, but they have a free year of Whois Guard for free with new domain registrations, which makes it cheaper than using something like GoDaddy and getting a cheap domain, but then either paying another 8 bucks for keeping your info secret, or not doing so, and getting a crap load of spam to people who look for emails of new domain registrations.

For hosting, I've used http://www.BlueHost.com for a while, they are pretty good, US based servers, their online chat is pretty ok, and I've had pretty good luck with uptime.

Their cpanel is not too bad to use, and you can upgrade services for different things.

Also, for reseller hosting, if you need to have multiple cpanels, or just having one cpanel per domain if you need to be able to keep it that way, InMotion Hosting is something I just started to use, not too bad so far, the chat support has been pretty good as well.

Just my two cents...

Just please stay away from GoDaddy and HostGator... both have become crap...not worth the headache.

And also, I would always suggest that you NEVER keep your domains AND hosting with the same provider.... always host with one and register with another...

Long time ago we used 1and1 for both and whenever there was a billing problem, they shut everything down... they had us by the nuts.... so be careful and keep these two things separated...

My two cents...

Cheers!
Thanks...

Few questions

- I keep reading about keeping hosting and domain in separate places, is it because of that same problem you mentioned? You don't want to give 1 place that much power over your stuff, so in the case something happens you can open hosting elsewhere with your domain and keep going. If you have domain/hosting in one place then it could mess up business if there is a problem.

- I keep hearing GoDaddy is not good for hosting... is there a reason for this? I actually had Godaddy hosting before, never had a problem but i also didn't have any traffic going to it.

thanks for the recommendations, reps added.
Yes, it's best to just keep the domains and the hosting on TWO different platforms.

I don't like GoDaddy... they are extremely commercial, and guess where they get the money to do all that advertising? They overcharge and they don't have the greatest support.

Again, you never know how bad support is until you need it. With GoDaddy, I just think you are better going elsewhere.

I'm using both iPage and BlueHost right now for cheap web hosting. They both do ok. Maybe not the best, but for the price, more than enough. Wait until you are making buckets of money before upgrading to something like LiquidWeb or such.

Do bluehost or ipage sell 1 month hosting or is it locked for 1 year?

and thanks again to you and everyone who has dropped in on this thread... ya have been
more than helpful.
01-04-2015, 10:27 PM
RE:
Domain Reg : Namesilo 7.99+ lifetime privacy coupon SAVEON1
Hosting : Hawkhost
01-27-2015, 02:53 PM
RE: Hosting
Hostagator and GoDaddy = A BIG Stinky Sh^t !!! (talking from a personal experience)

Hosting: The Best I've ever had was Knownhost. I had a reseller with them: for $10/month. Space: 5G, Bandwidth: 40G. Absolutely Knowledgeable home based support.
Unfortunately they switched to Managed VPS+ only so they moved me to Uberhost. No good, so I am looking now to move my little sites.

Considering:
iFastNet.com - They have low prices and resourceful plans with SSD technology + a free firewall which blocks hacks to many popular scripts.
Also Arvixe.

Also there is
Code:
http://poweruphosting.com/
- if you don't mind Installatron instead of Softaculous.
These guys are offering some coupons if you look around, but I prefer Softaculous.

And of course: Resellerpanel Free reseller hosting.
Code:
http://www.resellerspanel.com/
28.gif
03-12-2015, 10:12 PM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2015 10:14 PM by iamherbert.)
RE:
I use Vendor Lock Hosting. They have a great services and support they also have a self hosted autoresponder. I use their hosting almost 8 months. If you want to learn more their services here is the link: http://>>>[[[Reported by Members as URL Shortener! Post the actual link!]]]<<</lowcostforyou

(03-12-2015 10:12 PM)iamherbert Wrote:  I use ]]<<</lowcostforyou]Vendor Lock Hosting . They have a great services and support they also have a self hosted autoresponder. I use their hosting almost 8 months. Wink

25.gif