9.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

03-19-2019, 11:46 AM
Do you use your real name on the Internet?
Hi everybody.

I am planning to make tutorial videos on youtube and udemy. I am just wondering if it is a good idea to use an alias instead of using my real name.

On my fiverr, I used an alias account so that I can lower my service fees as I like while on my website I used my real name.

What do you think?

Thanks.
04-26-2020, 04:55 AM
RE: Do you use your real name on the Internet?
Hey dexterb, I was in this dilemma fairly recently so I'll just share what I figured out. For the platforms and gigs where I needed to connect with with the audience, I use my real name so that people can feel the connection and it gets more engagements which helps a lot. For the videos and gigs where audience engagement is not my concern, I just use a random alias but that still makes me money.
06-15-2020, 07:09 AM
It is better to use your real name while making tutorials or videos because it will help the audience feel connected to you like grayson4 said. Fiverr and other freelancing sites don't need our identity so an alias works but in this case, stick to your real name.
01-14-2022, 10:36 PM
if it is about chat and communicating with costumers , i think it's better to use your real name, which is linked with easy communication, connection with audience and makes your profile more trustworthy. wish u luck.

72.gif