73.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

06-21-2018, 09:26 AM (This post was last modified: 06-21-2018 09:31 AM by Lumos.)
RE: Do you think this is funny...or...!?
FFFF, you always amaze me with your incredible cleverness !!!
(I was giggling too much at the punchline to give that joke ANY other thought - but you are sooo right - how indeed ??)

Thanks Holymoo - a very cute addition and even got me to look at his wikipedia entry 'cuz he's been in other good things...

Indeed, he is quite tasteless and annoying:

If only he also had the really grating, piercing vocal qualities to go with !!!
I totally despise board spammers and spambots !!!
09-18-2018, 01:53 PM
ohh hola..
funny one
10-21-2018, 02:08 AM
too much of an aggressive voice for my liking
10-21-2018, 07:15 AM
I cannot say why this is - but I actually like voices that have that funny sound like Gilbert Gottfried's does, probably has something to do with my great appreciation for George Carlin's works too.

Some folks are kind of touchy about tonality as well as what they perceive as aggressiveness, but again - that causes me no discomfort.

To each, their own !!
12-04-2018, 06:04 AM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2018 06:18 AM by mthomas.)
I heard this the other day online.....

You know how so-called Man Made Global Warming is definitely BS?

Banks are still giving 30-year mortgages on beachfront condo's in Miami, if they actually had scientific evidence/proof (they don't) that it was real, NO BANK in the world would be willing to give these long term mortgages for properties that would be under water...

Besides if Man Made Global Warming was actually true (again, it's NOT. The Earth might be warming but it has NOTHING to do with Man causing it) the answer is easy, we should build new Generation Nuclear Power Plants (these are built to shut down on their own in case of an emergency and have no chance of melting down, so they are SAFE) which give off NO CO2 emissions which supposedly "causes" man-made global warming.

End of catastrophe....
No communist transfer of wealth "Carbon Credits" needed.
No ineffective wind turbines or solar power cells that you would need to blanket the entire planet to get the same power that we now get from oil/gas/coal/nuclear.

PS - For all those Greenpeace people that will be sitting in their boats with nothing to whine about, you can try getting the Govt's of the world to work on providing money and physicists to finally discover a viable way to produce energy through Nuclear Fusion (rather than Fission), which doesn't give off the radioactive waste like our current nuclear reactor's and we would then have an ENDLESS supply of Energy on Earth and beyond!

PPS - I liked the Dwight Schrute clip the best.
59.gif
Cool
12-04-2018, 12:35 PM
As I clearly and immediately said in the OP:
I object to the ideas of 'global warming'.

Also in the OP is what I enjoy in listening to that rant as well as a clear statement that I don't 100% agree with everything said in it, but still, it does make some very valid points IMO.

As to NPPs - maybe they can be made safe to operate - but until the problems of their infinitely deadly wastes are solved FOR REAL - rather than just hidden - I view them as killing machines that are most useful for making bomb fuels.

In the ongoing (yes, it is...) debate over who and/or what is responsible for the climate going nucking futz, there are just too many agitated parties as well as too many agitators - so I really give that all zero attention.

My own opinion as a non-scientist, just based upon my meager thoughts:
Our biosphere is a bubble, and all that is done is inside of that bubble - and;
As a species we excel at burning any and everything and have for millenia already.

Does the heat from all that burning just wander off to outer space ??
Maybe some of it - I make no claims of knowing this data, as a land-based little man I've no way to measure any of this...BUT:
In that same capacity, having gotten well past 1/2 a century of living in a (normally) cooler climate, my personal observations show that the seasons have changed and that our summers have become roasting, killing hells...and who or what caused this ??
Dunno. Don't care either - but I'd sure appreciate if it'd quit happening.

In general there does not seem to be any real 'shortage' for energy sources - to me it seems that there is instead an excess of greed and other insanities, that's all.

29.gif