51.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

02-28-2020, 09:59 PM (This post was last modified: 02-29-2020 07:34 PM by khawk1.)
Blog vs. Magazine?
Hi,

I have a niche blog, with 100+ articles for now. Adding all the time..
All good quality unique content.

I am starting to think maybe it would be a good idea, to change the layout from a plain grid layout to a more magazine type layout. Actually taking the steps to turn the blog into a real/serious online magazine..

What positives, and what negatives do you see for people thinking about making the change.

A few thoughts I have is things such as if the visitors will view the site as more professional, and be more accepting to click the affiliate links because of its a "Magazine".
I know that some people (small-minded assholes) prefer not to use affiliate links, on private blogs, but the same people have no issues clicking on the same link in an online magazine.

Also, I am thinking its easier to get shared online, as people are sharing a Magazine and not a private post.

Lastly, let's say a magazine is doing a product review, and you on your little blog is doing the same review. What will the result be? The reader will like and share the magazine's version because somehow its more trustworthy..

These are just thoughts, and I have zero clues if it's correct or not...

What's your thoughts?

Found this interesting article on the subject, I thought would add. HERE
- There is no elevator to Success, You have to take the stairs. Cool
03-02-2020, 06:31 PM
RE: Blog vs. Magazine?
Interesting question,some good info in that article
03-06-2020, 05:43 AM
If you plan to sell your site in the future, it may be more sellable in magazine format, rather than personal blog format
03-06-2020, 08:54 PM
Hi khawk1, what a great post and thankyou for it. I have been wondering about this also.

I came across a product that gives you another perspective and it was about forums.
This is not an affiliate link, just the sales page... http://kurtmelvin.com/pheeders/

I am not really sure how this all works as I was tired when I came across it, but it sure seems to have a lot of benefits over a blog that I hadn't thought of. I am going to go and check it again later.

I am in a quandry about whether to do a blog or a magazine style site, but after reading about the benefits of a forum in particular a pheeder site, a forum also poses food for thought, doesn't it?

Which is the best choice then, a blog, a magazine or a forum... what does anyone think?
03-11-2020, 09:46 PM
(03-06-2020 08:54 PM)onlinemarketer Wrote:  Hi khawk1, what a great post and thankyou for it. I have been wondering about this also.

I came across a product that gives you another perspective and it was about forums.
This is not an affiliate link, just the sales page... http://kurtmelvin.com/pheeders/

I am not really sure how this all works as I was tired when I came across it, but it sure seems to have a lot of benefits over a blog that I hadn't thought of. I am going to go and check it again later.

I am in a quandry about whether to do a blog or a magazine style site, but after reading about the benefits of a forum in particular a pheeder site, a forum also poses food for thought, doesn't it?

Which is the best choice then, a blog, a magazine or a forum... what does anyone think?

Thanks for your kind words.
In regards to a Forum, I will strongly recommend you do NOT do it.
From everything I have ever studied, looked into, and, or whatever else I have heard, a forum is a bad idea, as its almost impossible to get people to sign up, and use the forum, as it's guaranteed to be completely dead initially.
Maybe a site, that has a subdomain where you add a forum, would be a solution, as your not putting all your eggs in one basket...
70.gif
- There is no elevator to Success, You have to take the stairs. Cool
03-12-2020, 12:46 AM
I recommend a Magazine... since there are lots of very nice layout on wordpress and you can test and change everytime you want. Using your own domain people can see better as a strong brand if got success... take a look on others champions magazine in our market...

48.gif