11.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

04-26-2012, 02:36 PM
Beware SEO Is down - new goggle algorithm changes very important
Google’s long anticipated over-optimization penalty is now live. Except Google called it an algorithmic update that’s targeting web spam – a.k.a., keyword stuffing and link schemes, in the process causing some big search ranking upheavals.

Webspam Algorithm Update

Google’s Distinguished Engineer Matt Cutts, head of the web spam team, yesterday announced that Google had pushed out the new algorithm. Cutts said this “improvement” better identifies websites using “aggressive web spam tactics” (that have been against Google’s quality guidelines for years) for the purposes of gaming their way to top spots in Google’s rankings.

Cutts specifically noted that websites likely to lose rankings are those that practice keyword stuffing and sites that have “unusual linking patterns,” such as links from spun content with anchor text that is completely unrelated to the actual on-page content.

The web spam algorithm update will affect about 3.1 percent of English Google queries, but noted it would have a bigger impact in heavily-spammed languages, such as Polish.

Additionally, Cutts emphasized the importance of “white hat” SEO in his post, as well as the importance of creating great websites filled with high-quality, compelling content that provide a good user experience. Google’s guidance on high-quality content consists of these 23 questions you should ask yourself when evaluating website content.

SEO by the Sea has a good rundown of Google’s patents related to combating web spam.

Early Assessment of Damages

There are lots of theories floating around at the moment about what types of sites took the biggest hits, but it seems a bit premature to make conclusions with so many conflicting reports. It seems a few “innocents” may have be caught up in this (though, honestly, it’s easy to blame Google for not ranking your site), and some pages that shouldn’t be ranking are now, according to various reports in forums since last night.

Some are arguing that Google’s results are worse now. If that sounds familiar, many people were saying the same thing after Panda launched last year. Pretty sure those who saw their search rankings increase aren’t complaining.

Quality goes here

Code:
http://support.google.com/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=35769#3
[Image: 4horsemen.gif]
We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone.
Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.
Thank you BBHF Friends for the care and share and also for the rep+!
04-27-2012, 10:20 PM
RE: Beware SEO Is down - new goggle algorithm changes very important
Thanks for this share
04-27-2012, 10:47 PM
pretty nice info but i dont think that SEO is dead.
04-28-2012, 03:20 AM
everybody is panicking about this update - I read A LOT about this in the last couple hours and I have to say....chill really just chill - yes you all lost rankings - yes a lot of serps are crap right now. Just wait a couple days or maybe a 1-2 weeks and let google arrange the algo. When the first panda rolled out it was the same and a lot people said "google is dead now" but they arranged some things and got there stuff together.Since we are have no alternative right now to google because the user decides which search engine is the number one just go with the flow I mean srsly Google is still traffic number one for many websites and I dont see any reason why seo would be dead, its changing again like it did in the past and will in the future.
04-28-2012, 03:45 AM
I am agree if Google always updating its algorithm to prevent spam.

Peoples need good content, not just many ads those are very s******!

Long life Google..
20.gif
04-28-2012, 07:50 AM
If you got hit its means your not doing SEO, your spamming!!!!! plain and simple

Writing content purly for an SEO benifit is SPAM it has no value for anyone reading it. This is what Google are looking out for!!!
04-28-2012, 09:36 AM
OH wow!
My keywords have taken a huge jump up! I noticed in Search Engine Terms a new term. I have an Entertainment News site and I ranked on page two for Jenna-Louise Coleman!
05-16-2012, 11:44 AM
The ONLY real solution now is FRESH NATURAL Content and Google Approved Press Releases
05-16-2012, 12:22 PM
So with all these updates how do we rank anew site?
05-16-2012, 01:01 PM
exactly when did the new algo go live? I have not seen any major changes in serp, and I have tons of spam backlinks
53.gif

40.gif