54.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

07-21-2022, 01:58 PM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2022 02:06 PM by Lumos.)
@ BBHF's Amazing Staff.
Perhaps there are some members who missed this entirely - but BBHF was attacked by some cybercriminal(s) trying to extort ransom in the last couple of days and BBHF was offline for a while.

Here we are just a day or so later, and BBHF is back up with minimal visible data loss.

That is incredible, amazing work !!!

A bit of perspective for those who have never bothered to look=>
At the bottom of the forum index page you can see this:

Quote:Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 3185757 posts in 427156 threads.
We currently have 824258 members registered.

That is very nearly a million members AND over 3 million posts.

Why does that matter enough to make a point of it here ??

Because this is a HUGE forum with a HUGE amount of data !!!

Even grabbing a backup of it is surely a gigantic job of work - and to get such a backup to be properly restored from zero is an even bigger work, BUT=>
To get that done so amazingly FAST it is certain that someone or some folks worked non-stop and without rest to make this happen.

Whomever has done that work deserves our recognition, gratitude and highest regard.

So, this member is posting here to say:

HUGE THANKS TO THE BBHF STAFF - YOU ARE TRULY AMAZING IN YOUR DEDICATION and HARD WORK HERE.

SINCEREST THANKS.

Thanks Happydance Perfect 10 Thanks Perfect 10 Happydance Thanks
I totally despise board spammers and spambots !!!
07-21-2022, 02:55 PM
RE: @ BBHF's Amazing Staff.
101% agree with what has been explained by legend Lumos!

Hard to believe but was happened for last couple of days where our forum keep attcaked by the numerous hackers to demand for some ransome $! If we given the ransome monies to those hackers, they will still perform the hacking proccess towards this great forum because they know the great valuable assets of whitin this GREAT forum and thought we will given any ransom $ if we have no solutions to restore!!!

Appreciate those Admin/Staff and other great members who were working hard to get back the forum back to normal life with minimal pain for members here to continuos actively engage in this GREAT forum!

THANK YOU AND STAY SAFE!
07-21-2022, 10:36 PM
great job.. sometimes we don't see behind the scenes all the work it takes to manage this monster

excellent work and thank you
07-21-2022, 10:49 PM
it's true! thanks BBHF STAFF for all your efforts!
07-22-2022, 04:30 AM
Indeed I saw the BBHF down for a while but it came back online! Realy appreciate the team for making this possible in record time!
22.gif
07-22-2022, 05:10 AM
Yes, it is a nightmare when some bad elements get your site down. Kudos to BBHF staff for restoring the site in a few hours. Thanks
07-22-2022, 07:12 AM
Good work getting the site back up and running again so fast!

Dam@! Lousy hackers, no good rotten people that hack and try to extort sites for money, sons of beeatches....wait, thinking this through.....okay, I get it now, but still...it's not right when it's done to US!

Another example of why backing up your data, site, info, etc., is sooooooooo very important.
07-22-2022, 07:59 AM
Yup, yup absolutely agree Smithnowt.
07-22-2022, 08:16 AM
thank you for the efforts
07-23-2022, 02:18 AM (This post was last modified: 07-23-2022 02:20 AM by Bobhenry.)
Don't want to worry you but the hacker, who, no doubt, has some serious talent, is promising to share all BBHF user data on a different BH forum.
Suggest you check out @gerogod for more information.

And for some reason I'm seeing adverts on my posts that I didn't add!
17.gif

61.gif