63.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

12-01-2016, 06:31 AM
Autoblog Setup Question - WP Robot
Hey guys,

I'm setting up an autoblog that pulls in content from different RSS feeds, to create an industry news site. It's just setup on Wordpress, and for the most part, it works as it's supposed to, except for one tiny niggle. I'm struggling to pull full posts, and can only get excerpts from RSS.

My question specifically relates to running RSS campaigns on WP Robot. I'm running WP Robot 4 on the site, the full version, and I've setup an RSS Feed to pull in articles from AdExchanger, for example. However, I'm only getting excerpts here - about 5 lines, and then a continue reading link. I suspect that this is because AdExchanger itself only provides an excerpt.

Has any of you had success with pulling full posts from a RSS Feed when the Feed itself is limiting you? I know there are free tools that can pull full posts by stripping out images and links, and that's okay for me. I don't really need images here. But the problem with these tools is that I can't figure out how to automate them (i.e. plug them into WP Robot.)

I am aware of the negative effects Autoblogging has on SEO, and it doesn't really apply to my use case, as I'm not looking at SEO for this particular project. I'm more after some operational help here for this specific situation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

72.gif