36.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

04-20-2020, 08:35 PM
Are Aged Youtube Accounts Being Penalised For Inactivity?
I'm seeing a lot of talk at the moment about those who have aged Youtube channels and haven't published many videos for a while. There's some suggestions that Youtube penalise accounts/channels that haven't been used for a while and newly uploaded videos aren't getting anywhere near expected numbers of views.

When the videos started to be uploaded to a newly created account, they started to get decent views.

Has anyone had any experience with this and here's my question....

I've had my same Youtube account since 2009 (nicely aged!) but rarely uploaded videos to it. I want to go full-in on Youtube now, which of the following should i do:
i) just go ahead and continue to use the same aged Youtube account; or
ii) create a new channel but on my aged Youtube account; or
iii) create a completely new account and start afresh using that.

Please let me know your thoughts.
Thanks.
04-30-2020, 08:05 AM
RE: Are Aged Youtube Accounts Being Penalised For Inactivity?
Hey newlind, I have a youtube channel since 2010 and I had it in hibernational till October, 2019. Even then I just posted a couple of videos. But I've started posting some original content and some edited videos on it since February without any issues. Haven't faced any issues so far but maybe it's because my channel isn't monetized yet.

Are you concerned because you channel was monetized in the past?
05-19-2020, 09:45 PM
RE: Are Aged Youtube Accounts Being Penalised For Inactivity?
In my opinion, it would be better to post some new videos on your old account because it wouldn't be as hard as it would be to start afresh. Some fresh content and new ideas will help you grow on your aged account hopefully.

30.gif