24.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

04-16-2020, 07:22 PM (This post was last modified: 04-16-2020 11:44 PM by khawk1.)
Affiliate Amazon thoughts ??
OK,
So in case you are living under a rock, I am fairly sure you have heard about Amazon and their affiliate program.

Well, for many people that used to pay a decent commission, but since yesterday, they have changed that dramatically!

As in before you would get in the outdoor sector 8% not you get 3%. In other sections, you got 4% but it been changed to 1%..

You see this will clearly affect people`s income if they depend on Amazon.

So...
I own some affiliate sites, inc 1 large (very expensive!) site. Now, these are all shit and in the toilet, unless I change something..

My thoughts on this subject.

Here I list my options.

1. Leave links on Amazon and hope for the best. Basically putting my head in the sand like a camel.

2. Add a shop to my sites, and sell the products myself, and just dropship them from Amazon, or wherever I can find the cheapest prices, depending on shipping time, and customer location.

3. Move away from Amazon, and find another "Amazon".
Now hat will be hard because if you need to use 10 different shops to sed your traffic, depending on their location, you need not only a great Geolocation plugin with tons of features, you also need to join 10+ different affiliate sites and that`s just a pain to juggle,.

What´re your thoughts on this?
Are you involved in Amazon, and what will you do yourself..
If you have a solution to any of my thoughts, please share below.
- There is no elevator to Success, You have to take the stairs. Cool
04-16-2020, 09:51 PM
RE: Affiliate Amazon thoughts ??
I monetize my site with Ezoic, ShareASale, and CJ so this is not a problem for me. I knew Amazon would do something like this to affiliates. Even FBA sellers are struggling because Amazon takes a big percentage from them.

My advice is to stop using Amazon affiliate links. There're lots of affiliate programs out there such as ShareASale and CJ.

Or you can contact the sellers/brands that you promote on your site directly and use their affiliate links instead. It's a win-win for both of you.
04-16-2020, 11:43 PM
(04-16-2020 09:51 PM)The Samurai Wrote:  I monetize my site with Ezoic, ShareASale, and CJ so this is not a problem for me. I knew Amazon would do something like this to affiliates. Even FBA sellers are struggling because Amazon takes a big percentage from them.

My advice is to stop using Amazon affiliate links. There're lots of affiliate programs out there such as ShareASale and CJ.

Or you can contact the sellers/brands that you promote on your site directly and use their affiliate links instead. It's a win-win for both of you.

Thanks for your input,

I actually just before I saw your comment signed up as an affiliate for the main player in my niche, on my main site.
Doing that I went from 3% on Amazon to a fixed 8%, not depending on sale numbers or anything.

I will try to look into your recommendation and see if they got something of interest,

Stay safe, and thanks for your input. Perfect 10
- There is no elevator to Success, You have to take the stairs. Cool
04-17-2020, 04:05 AM
Hi, I run 7 authority niche websites and was making five-figure per month. Now it will be 4 figures. I am not leaving Amazon right now coz their CR is great so far. Now I will make more niche websites (maybe 7 more) to hit the five-figure again Perfect 10

Thanks
04-27-2020, 08:50 PM
(04-16-2020 09:51 PM)The Samurai Wrote:  I monetize my site with Ezoic, ShareASale, and CJ so this is not a problem for me. I knew Amazon would do something like this to affiliates. Even FBA sellers are struggling because Amazon takes a big percentage from them.

Do ShareaSale and CJ offer similar commission rates as Amazon used to or are they lower than that? I have heard that CJ has partnership with some huge brands which makes it great but it also makes it difficult for a newbie to get accepted there. However ShareaSale is a good option for a beginner as far as I know. Will give these a go now; good time to shift our eggs in multiple baskets.
48.gif
06-03-2020, 08:00 AM
It is better to make the shift towards shareasale while you have the time because sticking to amazon is further going to increase your losses. Shareasale is quite user friendly so hopefully you will like it.

50.gif