5.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

11-10-2014, 07:14 AM
10 cent investment turns into $2.1 million :tongue:
I was reading a blog post:

http://afflictor.com/2014/08/17/its-very...be-broken/

Funny, in 1977 the original Superman comic book was worth about 1.5 thousand USD, in 2011 a similar item sold for $2.1 million. And back in 1977, most people thought it was overpriced at 1.5 thou.

I'm not a collector (at least I like to tell meself that) and I don't like to gamble. But it would be an interesting curiosity if a formula could be derived by which we could determine the hot sellers in the future, thereby giving an indication whether or not to buy the thing - and when to sell it.

I remember a friend telling me a few years ago about a rare beanie baby his wife had that was worth something. I read some time ago that their value is not what they once were. So something that was at one time sell-able for 1000 is probably not worth 50. This goes against the common misconception that things will go up in price - worth remembering!

My opinion: knowledge is power when applied. So if you can understand the basic factors of the human psyche and stuff like archetypes - you should be gold when investing in collectables. Taking the Superman comic as an example, it was 1938, America was in economic recovery - I do not know whether the European war was on the minds - but I suspect that there was worry and "future shock ".

I would say that the Superman phenomenon addressed some sort of basic thing that the human mind operates on - think archetypes . And it is Simple (perhaps one of the most powerful words in the language). I haven't even begun to study copyrighting yet, but I daresay these principles apply there too Tongue

Feel free to create a WSO out of this info - just leave a rep if you do Lol
01-06-2015, 01:30 AM
RE:
This is interesting i would love to help you find the information you need!
02-08-2015, 05:04 AM
RE:
(01-06-2015 01:30 AM)KingTu Wrote:  This is interesting i would love to help you find the information you need!
Thanks, but I don't know what to do with it (as usual).
02-15-2015, 12:08 PM
RE:
Cool and Inspiring. :)
My Lamborghini I bought with knowledge gained with Dropshipping courses at BBHF :)
[Image: 5AcZiO7.gif]

56.gif