65.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

10-19-2013, 11:37 AM
10 Year Old Article Showing Up On Google 1st Page With Business Name
10 Year Old Article Showing Up On Google 1st Page With Business Name

I'm working with a local massage business and have helped them been in the first page of Google for 6 months now. We noticed now that when you type their business came an article from local news magazine comes out too and it's 10 years old! It's making them look bad because it talks about prostitution and it's the same place just new owner. I'm guessing someone made that happen because local directories that I didn't do are showing up also with wrong information. So I had to claim them and update it with the right information. My question is this what can I do to remove that article to at least some pages back? Bad negative SEO? Spam SEO backlinks? And I already contacted the website and Google to remove it I'm just waiting hopefully they remove it on remove the name of business.
10-19-2013, 12:16 PM
RE:
Give it a few weeks. Penguin 2.1 was recently rolled out and also possibly a hummingbird update in the recent weeks having a massive impact on the SERP's. Since then, these sorts of old pages have been popped up all over the place. I will stop short of saying backlinks have no effect anymore but whilst the update is still in-progress and pages with little to no backlinks are littering the results it wont have much effect. My advice would be, give it a little while, let the update finish and hopefully that should clear most of them. After that, a bit of analysis and we will all have a better picture of what's ranking and what's not (what any neg SEO campaign will consist of) post 2.1. For the time being, keep doing what your doing to remove them manually.
10-19-2013, 12:53 PM
RE:
Ok cool thanks for info.

42.gif