63.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

08-21-2023, 04:45 PM
Help: ADD/ADHD and making money.
Let me start with saying that I've been diagnosed with ADD since I was a child. Now, I'm closer to 50 than 40. So I've dealt with it my entire adult life. I've got it manageable, but still deal with missed deadlines, oversleeping meetings, finding other stuff to do instead of working on what I should be doing. I'm not perfect, but at least for myself I can manage.

What I'm really curious about, is how do people work with others who have ADD/ADHD? My significant other is undiagnosed, but is clearly ADD. You know that feeling when you meet someone and know that their ADD? Yep, that's them. I'm trying to bring them into the world of internet marketing and it's worse than taking a kid into a candystore. Imagine if it was shiny object crack instead of syndrome.

Any ideas, thoughts, links, on how to help guide someone with ADD?
11-29-2023, 12:03 PM
RE: Help: ADD/ADHD and making money.
Hey there! It's always interesting to connect with someone who gets the whole ADD/ADHD struggle. Managing it for decades, like you have, must have its own set of stories, right?

Now, about working with someone who's undiagnosed but clearly riding the same neurodivergent rollercoaster, that's a whole new adventure. Internet marketing is like a shiny, ever-changing landscape, and for someone with that attention ping-pong, it's like being a kid in a candy store with no time limit.

First off, communication is key. Break things down into bite-sized tasks and set clear expectations. It helps to have a roadmap, so the shiny objects don't lead to a complete detour. Visual aids and reminders can be a game-changer too.

And deadlines – let's face it, our internal clock sometimes runs on its own schedule. Gentle reminders, maybe with a touch of humor, can be effective. Like, "Hey, our meeting's in 30 minutes – don't let the internet rabbit hole steal you away!"

Collaboration tools are your best friends. Trello, Asana, or whatever floats your ADHD boat. They provide structure and a clear view of the tasks at hand. Plus, they're like the adult version of a sticker chart, and who doesn't love a good sticker?

Encourage breaks. Short, frequent breaks can actually boost productivity. It's like hitting the reset button. Trust me, it works wonders.

Lastly, celebrate wins, no matter how small. Finishing a task, resisting the urge to chase a shiny object for an hour – those are victories worth acknowledging.

Being in the marketing trenches for so long (20 years for myself, diagnosed as a child with ADHD), I've learned a thing or two about turning ADHD into a superpower. It's like having this unique set of lenses that allows us to see opportunities others might overlook. Sure, the journey has its share of missed deadlines and unexpected detours, but it's also filled with creative bursts and out-of-the-box thinking.

Considering this wealth of experience, I've been seriously contemplating creating a course tailored for fellow ADHDers diving into the marketing world. Picture it as a roadmap infused with strategies and hacks specifically designed for minds that dance to their own rhythm. I want to share the tricks that kept me on track (mostly) and the strategies that turned what some might see as distractions into marketing gold.

It's not just about surviving; it's about thriving. ADHD doesn't have to be a hurdle; it can be the secret sauce that sets us apart in the marketing game. So, stay tuned – the course might just be the next chapter in this ADHD marketer's journey. Who knows, it might be the shiny object that we all need!

I hope these ideas help navigate the wild world of internet marketing with your undiagnosed but clearly ADD significant other. Remember, it's a journey, not a destination, and every step forward is a win.

57.gif