41.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

07-11-2023, 05:32 AM
Google’s medical AI chatbot is already being tested in hospitals
Google’s medical AI chatbot is already being tested in hospitals (3 minute read)

Google is testing its AI tool, Med-PaLM 2, designed to answer medical information queries, at Mayo Clinic. A variant of the language model PaLM 2, Med-PaLM 2 has shown promising results in reasoning, consensus-supported answers, and comprehension, albeit with some accuracy issues. Google claims that customer data during the test phase will remain encrypted and out of its access, underscoring privacy measures.
09-08-2023, 11:31 PM
RE: Google’s medical AI chatbot is already being tested in hospitals
Given how poor of a job most family drs do, it will be a godsend when they have access to AI to help them make sense of things.
10-11-2023, 08:13 PM
I don't know that AI bots are now in the medical field. I only heard that they are using it in customer service
02-29-2024, 01:38 PM
(09-08-2023 11:31 PM)BackdoorBillyBoy Wrote:  Given how poor of a job most family drs do, it will be a godsend when they have access to AI to help them make sense of things.

haha, you have to remember though - these "ai" tools are basically just stealing content from other people and re-packaging it... it's not "thinking" ai - its sophisticated theft and repackaging to make it 'sound' like a human. it's basically still just regurgitating online content - and if the online content is poor - the advice will be poor too... you also need to remember that (in general) the medical "establishment" is a "for-profit" business. it's not designed to make you "healthy" - because if it did - they'd be out of business... instead - a "sick" patient is a "profitable" patient - hence why many of the treatments simply "mask symptoms" (i.e., hide the fact you have an issue), instead of actually healing it... it's much more profitable to keep you coming in weekly, taking meds, than to have one 5 minute visit that cures you... and the "ai" systems will most likely not be much different...
02-29-2024, 01:38 PM
(09-08-2023 11:31 PM)BackdoorBillyBoy Wrote:  Given how poor of a job most family drs do, it will be a godsend when they have access to AI to help them make sense of things.

haha, you have to remember though - these "ai" tools are basically just stealing content from other people and re-packaging it... it's not "thinking" ai - its sophisticated theft and repackaging to make it 'sound' like a human. it's basically still just regurgitating online content - and if the online content is poor - the advice will be poor too... you also need to remember that (in general) the medical "establishment" is a "for-profit" business. it's not designed to make you "healthy" - because if it did - they'd be out of business... instead - a "sick" patient is a "profitable" patient - hence why many of the treatments simply "mask symptoms" (i.e., hide the fact you have an issue), instead of actually healing it... it's much more profitable to keep you coming in weekly, taking meds, than to have one 5 minute visit that cures you... and the "ai" systems will most likely not be much different...

so just an FYI...!
28.gif
03-03-2024, 04:21 PM
I foresee a ton of class actions incoming...

Eventually the government or some agency will have to step in and reign Google in.

56.gif